• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't. My ears (and heart) couldn't take it.
Honestly I'm a huge cheese fan. Especially blue stilton, gorgonzola, manchego, cheddar, brie and camembert. Nothing fancy with all that other stuff added. Keep some back for me 😉

IndoMike

About three week’s time Mike.
OK Banksy. Three weeks.
So far only 1500 from 2500 kids have come back - it's an international school with families from all over the world, so with covid there are many missing. They're having to organize something a bit different : a bit more flexible. My missus started up again yesterday

Sidey's back

Honestly I'm a huge cheese fan. Especially blue stilton, gorgonzola, manchego, cheddar, brie and camembert. Nothing fancy with all that other stuff added. Keep some back for me 😉
Well, I anticipated you'd be huge. Good choices of cheese though. We're online now. Belinda set up a new online store. It's going well. Lots of demand for cave-aged cheddars.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lots of demand for cave-aged cheddars.
Good to gorge on?

Sidey's back

Good to gorge on?
Yes. Emile's favourite.

IndoMike

Well, I anticipated you'd be huge. Good choices of cheese though. We're online now. Belinda set up a new online store. It's going well. Lots of demand for cave-aged cheddars.
I'm big but not fat (yet).
The older the cheese the better Any pre - historic stuff?
Good luck with the online business..Makes sense

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Celtic and Aberdeen's games postponed after Covd breach. Amazingly Boli Bolingoli popped back to Spain and returned and played without quarantining. Some footballers are really stupid.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Total deaths for w/e 31st July under the 5yr average, for the 7th week running.

5 times as many people died of 'summer flu' (928) than from Covid (193) and summer flu deaths themselves are half those of normal.
2% of the 8,946 weekly deaths are Covid related

Yet the country remains in self-imposed hibernation, enjoying the longest summer holiday in history, with millions being paid and eating out courtesy of our children and grand-children

Maybe we should start publishing deaths from cancer, heart attacks, on the roads and by drowning by day as well - for context like.

Alistair20000

5 times as many people died of 'summer flu' (928) than from Covid (193) and summer flu deaths themselves are half those of normal.

Yet the country remains in self-imposed hibernation, enjoying the longest summer holiday in history, with millions being paid and eating out courtesy of our children and grand-children

Maybe we should start publishing deaths from cancer, heart attacks, on the roads and by drowning by day as well - for context like.

Yes. As a country we have got the whole thing completely out of proportion.

Not helped by a government that presses the panic button instead of thinking things through and which follows "the science" * instead of providing leadership.

They did too good a job of scaring us to death about COVID-19 when introducing the Lockdown.

* I hate this term as there are different interpretations of "the science"

Mr Jinx

New Zealand is going back into complete lockdown due to 4 new positive cases. That's cases, not deaths. Cases taken by tests that aren't wholly accurate.

Fücking madness! Absolute madness.

More people will probably die over there from suicide after another lengthy lockdown spell, than CV itself.

Yes. As a country we have got the whole thing completely out of proportion.

Not helped by a government that presses the panic button instead of thinking things through and which follows "the science" * instead of providing leadership.

I didn't think Boris was going to go the full lockdown route, preferring to go for herd immunity as advised by his health "experts". Then, as other countries, one-by-one, went full lockdown, he chickened out. The wuss.

Last edited: