• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thank goodness a few went back unofficially this week & saved a few lives in Cornwall.
But in the world of today they are leaving themselves wide open to all sorts of nonsense(from the RNLI too unfortunately)
But why would you go and swim in the sea if there were no lifeguards, especially if you were not a great swimmer, or if the weather or sea conditions were not good ?

LOG

But why would you go and swim in the sea if there were no lifeguards, especially if you were not a great swimmer, or if the weather or sea conditions were not good ?
Because people are stupid. I think i've read of three people drowning in Devon and Cornwall over the past week.

DB9

Gord knows Mike but people do, Like during the winter, People climb in Scotland when the weather is awful and have to be rescued. I don't know what goes through people's minds, "Oh the weather and sea looks rough, I know I'll go in it" Madness!

IndoMike

Because people are stupid. I think i've read of three people drowning in Devon and Cornwall over the past week.
We don't want people drowning, so we don't want them going into the sea. Can"t they just go to a swimming pool for a.couple of months. It seems everyone is entitled to everything these days

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think there's an issue with first aid in general and CPR in particular. First Aiders can only use chest compressions and who can blame them ?

IndoMike

Gord knows Mike but people do, Like during the winter, People climb in Scotland when the weather is awful and have to be rescued. I don't know what goes through people's minds, "Oh the weather and sea looks rough, I know I'll go in it" Madness!
Yes. Or these folks who climb a couple of hills every year and then think they can climb Everest if they've got enough money.
As far as I'm concerned , if people take clearly unnecessary risks for their own gratification then feck 'em

Reactions: DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see that there is a fake text that says it's from the Government saying you've been in contact with with someone who has Covid-19.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes - sad to say teenagers and 20 somethings much more likely to die of drowning than Covid.

In other news to cheer people up, Dentists can go back to work too from 8th June.

DB9

I see that there is a fake text that says it's from the Government saying you've been in contact with with someone who has Covid-19.
Jeez, Some prat thinks it'll be funny! 🙄😠

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Far, far more needs to be done to root out these ffing scammers. It is the scourge of our age.

Reactions: DB9