• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

OmanGrecian

6 people can now meet up, outside, from Monday as long as those from different households stay 2m apart

A big, big change - and very welcome

It is what has been happening anyway
Now’s the time people will find out who their real friends are. 7 in a friend group, who’s going to be the one not invited 😂

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I notice from the excellent Johns Hopkins site that our reported figures are currently:

Reported cases 270,000 (rounded)

Deaths 38,000 (rounded)

Recovered 1,166

So we have 231,000 active cases ? I don't believe that for one moment. Completely out of line with all other reports from around the globe.

Red Paul kindly drew my attention to Mr Whitty having said a couple of weeks back that recovered cases stats are available so why are we not up to date with them ?

With the government having changed tack from scaring us half to death that we are all going to die of this thing if we fail to observe Lockdown to a more positive message, one would have thought the recovered cases total would add to that message. Or have they not thought about it ? Nothing would surprise me any more.
Valence said today that the estimate is we have 133,000 active cases currently.
7% of us have had it - from same estimations.

God knows why they are still not releasing the 'recovered' stats

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now’s the time people will find out who their real friends are. 7 in a friend group, who’s going to be the one not invited 😂
Group of 4 and group of 3 coincidentally rock up in the park at the same time. All seven keep two metres apart.

No need to break a friendship.

Alistair20000

Active figure still looks high but recovered cases even accepting this figure are a tad more than 1,166. !

Should someone tell Johns Hopkins ?

LOG

Group of 4 and group of 3 coincidentally rock up in the park at the same time. All seven keep two metres apart.

No need to break a friendship.
It's gardens and private outdoor spaces, not parks innit?

Alistair20000

Find a private outside space then.

Rosencrantz

Maybe because the recovered to death ratio wouldn't look great. From the approx figures quoted by Ali and yourself, 137k recovered to 38k deaths (133k pending) would be approx 7/2 to die if you get it. Of course those figures are very flawed for many reasons (asymptomatic, lack of testing, death figures from ONS differ to daily figures, only hospital cases in your stated figures? etc) but that is what it might look like to people. It would scare them to death!

Alistair20000

I have just read parks on a couple of sites Lionel so your advices would be most welcome please.

Here to be helped

LOG

I have just read parks on a couple of sites Lionel so your advices would be most welcome please.

Here to be helped
The same sauce I read earlier has since added parks.

I don’t know enough people who’d want to meet me for it to be an issue, mind.

IndoMike

Good news out of nowhere which follows the earlier than planned announcement of test and trace which according to Lady Dido in charge of it won't be fully operational until the end of June https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-28/coronavirus-test-and-trace-scheme-launch-government-covid-19/. A cynic would think there is a story that they want to suppress 🤔.
Fire the reporter !
Ban ITV !!
Send Ben Bradshaw to Siberia !!!

The world - beating test and trace scheme isn't working ! Never mind, let's send everyone back to work first and then see how the virus is doing. The kids will be ok, and if not we can make some more..