• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
1 down. 649 to go!
Even if he isn't on your side of the argument?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, that's nice, but again, how do you know the police gave the go ahead?

Mr Jinx

Even if he isn't on your side of the argument?
Err, but he very much is.

denzel

So today fans at some EFL matches could watch the game from hospitality, on the TVs but had to have the blinds close.
The Merseyside Derby was being shown in some cinemas.
You cant make this stuff up!

DB9

So today fans at some EFL matches could watch the game from hospitality, on the TVs but had to have the blinds close.
The Merseyside Derby was being shown in some cinemas.
You cant make this stuff up!
I heard Jeff stelling speak about this and couldn't believe it, I thought he was taking the ****!

OmanGrecian

I heard Jeff stelling speak about this and couldn't believe it, I thought he was taking the ****!
Norwich plan to do live screening at Carrow Road for their away games.

Rosencrantz

Err, but he very much is.
Sorry Jinxy, thought you were pro the Great Barrington Declaration.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Interesting stats here:

View attachment 3709

Here's the rest of the article:

I mean, isn't this just life? The chances of you dying from any cause rise as you get older, right?

Last edited:

InTheBigBank

Resigned
These percentages as per age range are more or less consistent with what has been known for a while.
The new factor - Long Covid - is only apparent now the disease has been around a while and is mentioned in the same article.

".... there is rising recognition that a coronavirus infection can take a lasting toll on the body.
We don't know how long or exactly how many people are affected, but long-term fatigue and a whole host of other health problems have been reported.
These symptoms appear to affect young and old, as well as those who had even mild infections."
'Long Covid' makes me chuckle.

We have all had colds in which the cough/sniffles lasts for weeks after. I've never had 'proper' flu, but it is reported that it leaves people feeling wiped out for a long time. What is different here?

elginCity

'Long Covid' makes me chuckle.

We have all had colds in which the cough/sniffles lasts for weeks after. I've never had 'proper' flu, but it is reported that it leaves people feeling wiped out for a long time. What is different here?
Unlike the sniffles, long Covid is a vascular nasty and a big stressor on the heart causing long term health problems. Plenty of evidence out there already. Then again, you could be trolling. :)