• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lego, I hope the calls for an inquiry are listened to, with lessons learned and enacted upon before any possible second wave, but you know it's very unlikely to happen.

Shocking to read those ONS figures recording almost 2/3 of all Covid deaths as being disabled people. Some unlucky at birth, some unfortunate in life, and others who've merely grown older. The very people this government pledged to throw a protective ring around.

If a society should be judged on how it protects its most vulnerable....then we've failed massively. :cry:

Legohead

Banned
Lego, I hope the calls for an inquiry are listened to, with lessons learned and enacted upon before any possible second wave, but you know it's very unlikely to happen.

Shocking to read those ONS figures recording almost 2/3 of all Covid deaths as being disabled people. Some unlucky at birth, some unfortunate in life, and others who've merely grown older. The very people this government pledged to throw a protective ring around.

If a society should be judged on how it protects its most vulnerable....then we've failed massively. :cry:
This country has failed massively in supporting disabled people BEFORE the outbreak. One example is people with permanent disabilities / conditions that are not going to improve. They have to re apply for Personal Independence Payment when it gets reviewed after about 3 or 4 years and when they do they get the usual crock of sh*t and lies from a Capita or Atos penpusher ordered to refuse benefits to people.

Not once is a disabled claimant seen or assessed by a medical professional which is astounding.

Then these disabled people have their money stopped and they have to go through the whole process of appealing and tribunal which can take up to a year and half and they get awarded the full amount in the end anyway because the impartial judge independent of the DWP isn't an evil bast*ard and clearly sees that this person isn't going to get better. In fact the likelihood is they will regress over time.

The DWP somehow don't want to see this and would prefer to p*ss money up the wall in paying for tribunals that they mostly lose anyway instead of simply giving disabled people what they deserve in the first place. They do this because they are a bunch of lying vermin.

A number of disabled people have ended up taking their own life because their money and support / care was stopped and they had to go through the stress of an appeal which takes an age. These deaths fully preventable and blood at the hands of the Government IMO.

There are many, many examples of how the Government treat disabled people like scum and that's why the Government are also scum.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
On a lockdown note. Drove past the local chav pub in the rough village next to ours and it's carnage. People spilling all over the place hammered, hugging, shouting etc. A right mess. Hopefully it's not representative of what is happening in most pubs across the land.

Legohead

Banned
Is there a thread for the most obscure piece of news ever released?

'Bolivia's mining minister tests positive for Covid 19' it says on the BBC.

Other than him, his friends and his family...……….

WHO GIVES A SH*T?!! :ROFLMAO:

geoffwp

IF there is a second wave, I'm going out on my board to make sure I get a ride this time as I missed the first fekker.

Legohead

Banned
IF there is a second wave, I'm going out on my board to make sure I get a ride this time as I missed the first fekker.

Surfs up dude! :p

geoffwp

Surfs up dude! :p
Hang ten

IndoMike

DB9

IndoMike

Not exactly a surprise is it?