• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think India chose to save their economy I just think that their first wave of this virus they got away with it very lightly and this second wave has been far more virulent it has taken them by surprise, Perhaps after the first wave a degree of complacency set it?
Think we're arguing across purposes again. They were in a rush to get everything moving again for the economy. Nearly every country has thought that way : it's no surprise. Because they had a spell of lower infection rates they rushed everyone back.
It's true they've now hot a very serious situation, some day with various variants in play

Alistair20000

Still amazing that as a 3rd wave sweeps the world there isn't a single new case in a country of 1.3billion people.
A rogue state but St Jacinda is cosying up to China.

They export all their Covid. Simples.

I also read this earlier.

LOG

Not sure of the right place for this but it's lockdown related. Piers Corbyn has been in court today along with four others. I get the feeling that they aren't taking it very seriously.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
A rogue state but St Jacinda is cosying up to China.

They export all their Covid. Simples.

I also read this earlier.

I have still not seen any evidence over the past 15 months that doesnt show that China have spent years secretly vaccinating their entire population before unleashing a deadly virus on the rest of the world from which they are largely immune. I am not normally a conspiracy theory type, but something doesn't ring true about this 'global' pandemic.

IndoMike

Not sure of the right place for this but it's lockdown related. Piers Corbyn has been in court today along with four others. I get the feeling that they aren't taking it very seriously.

And I get the feeling that the magistrate was getting rather irritated..

Mr Jinx

Still amazing that as a 3rd wave sweeps the world there isn't a single new case in a country of 1.3billion people.
All part of their plan ;)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
His holiness the Pope has urged people to pray throughout May to end the pandemic.

I suppose it is more likely to be successful that trying to wrestle it to the floor.

Grecian2K

His holiness the Pope has urged people to pray throughout May to end the pandemic.

I suppose it is more likely to be successful that trying to wrestle it to the floor.
That's wonderful news. Should save 'our' NHS a fortune!

Instead of all this expensive AZ/Pfizer nonsense just rock up to the local church to have some 'holy' water pumped into your biceps.

Mr Jinx

Instead of all this expensive AZ/Pfizer nonsense just rock up to the local church to have some 'holy' water pumped into your biceps.
Not too far removed from what is actually happening here:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

My vaccine is Saturday. Maybe I should just go to Mass on Sunday instead.