• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Discussion now about tier 5. Not sure what else they'll do to lock us down!
French style permit system to leave home?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
French style permit system to leave home?
Made no difference in the long run.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon if we have to test infant school children a lot of parents will say no thanks and stay away.
As I understood it, this was just secondary's. But who knows what Gavin and Matt have in-store!

Alistair20000

As I understood it, this was just secondary's. But who knows what Gavin and Matt have in-store!
Chances are they don’t have a feckin’ clue

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chances are they don’t have a feckin’ clue
Indeed. Trying to motivate my daughter to revise for mocks supposedly happening on 11th Jan. Given her "Tic Toc" (no, me neither) feed seems to be full of 'schools shut til Feb", it's proving difficult!

Come on chaps, show some leadership - please, just for once.

Alistair20000

Did I see the term “ firewall” being tossed into the mix to replace the waste of time “circuit breaker” ?

Just make it a National Lockdown chaps and stop fannying around.

Last edited:

IndoMike

We are supposed to be doing weekly testing of everyone, and daily testing of close contacts of those testing positive - to save sending them home for 14 days as now. 2 big problems are space and staff.

Space wise you need a big area to do it - testing 1700 kids is not easy. Anyone tested has to wait for 20 minutes for the result, and then of course if they test positive, be further moved somewhere else until they can be collected. Staff aren't being provided so most schools have asked for volunteers but they all need to be checked. Plus we need to get consent from parents.

It is a mess, of course.
Of course. No proper detailed planning, as per usual.

IndoMike

A fortnight ago when daily cases in Germany had risen to 20k, Merkel swiftly locked down Germany for Christmas - today's new cases down to 5k.

Meanwhile, the UK leadership fully aware of its unique highly infectious CV strain pissasses around with its ridiculous tier system - today's new cases = 41k +
It is a well-known fact that Johnson can't bear to be disliked, hence his decisions are often based on his popularity ratings. This is not always a good thing.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't agree with this potential action by Spain

Alistair20000

I don't agree with this potential action by Spain

Hard to see how wide sharing of the data is consistent with data protection.