• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm getting slightly concerned that once this is over i'm going to be really thick through lack of social and mental stimulation.

manc grecian

I'm getting slightly concerned that once this is over i'm going to be really thick through lack of social and mental stimulation.
I'm struggling massively as well. Never wanted to go to work so much.

manc grecian

It's still almost impossible to get a delivery though.
Sainsbury's have provided a number to ring for the over 70s

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Sainsbury's have provided a number to ring for the over 70s
There's a Government list of vulnerable people. They will get priority when delivery slots become available.

iscalad

Ummm.....

Legohead

Banned
Try living with a chronic illness. ;)

I see Miranda Hart has been posting things about chronic illness / disabled sufferers who cannot leave their houses often and hoping that society will treat these people better when this is all over. Being stuck in the house and longing to get out when you can't is not nice. For many chronic illness / disabled that won't change when restrictions are lifted.

manc grecian

Try living with a chronic illness. ;)
She's working from home

Grecian2K

There's a Government list of vulnerable people. They will get priority when delivery slots become available.
This is indeed true.
MPs
Members of the Royal Family
The nobility
Executives of FTSE 100 companies / donors to the Tory party
Television presenters
A, B, C & D list "celebrities".....

Colesman Ballz

What gets me is how politicians not only in the UK but all over Europe are queueing up to announce that they have they have the virus.

Politician to Spin Doctor - "Any ideas over Covid 19 ?"

Spin Doctor - "How about announcing that you have tested positive yourself, it proves to the electorate that you are at one with them, and we are all in it together, but make sure to say that is only a mild case, so that (a) you can announce that you are cured after 14 days, and (b) that they all believe that they can be cured when they do catch it."

Politician - "Great idea, absolves me from any culpability and covers all the bases".

Inevitably Trump will do it to try and salvage any hopes of being re-elected. He is getting pretty desperate, his militarisation of the Canadian border smacks of a rehash of his "Mexican Wall", but whether the electorate will attach any importance to a laughable threat of a few Inuits heading South. . . . !

His last throw of the dice, to remain in the White House could be to use Covid 19 as an excuse to call off the election indefinitely ! Lol.

Oldsmobile-88

Even though I finished a couple of years ago,I have never missed work until now..At least my former work mates can get out & about.