• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite right families that shouldn't play Monopoly, the horrendous argument it generates are just not good for family relationships.
Well there is that but we have never been warned off before. How many lives have been lost ? Hancock out.

iscalad

Quite right families that shouldn't play Monopoly, the horrendous argument it generates are just not good for family relationships.
Capatalist game

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well there is that but we have never been warned off before. How many lives have been lost ? Hancock out.
I think Rishi is relying on monopoly money to pay the bills.

arthur

He could always ask his wife to lend him a bob or two..

DB9

Think he might ask his wife for a loan, Apparently her family is minted.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
He could always ask his wife to lend him a bob or two..
I wasn't thinking of the Sunak family finances. He's probably ok to cover the Barclaycard. If Mrs Sunak has £400 billion tucked away, that would be welcome.

Grecian2K

I am pleased to hear that SAGE advice for Christmas includes:

Treat family homes like a restaurant and wear a mask when you enter.
Hands must be fully sanitised both before and after passing the port - singing the first verse of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" will aid in ensuring sufficient time is allowed.
Have drinks outside by a fire pit instead of watching TV indoors.
Take your own plates and put them in the dishwasher yourself.
Socially distance while playing charades.
Have two Christmas tables so you can socially distance.
Wash your hands before wrapping presents
Sing Christmas carols at a social distance, facing the same way.

It is difficult to know where to start.

I know Chief Scientist salaries are decent but do they really think that the great unwashed have fire pits and space for "two christmas tables". Charades and carols?

I now understand the whole concept of the 'xmas bubble'. Load up the X5 with presents, booze, kids and the dog. Blast down the M4 or up the M40 to Little Witterington. On arrival, throw Jacques the key and let him load everything into your usual barracks in the North wing whilst you have a restorative sherry in the drawing room and the kids raid the larder and wait for the other side of the family to make their way down from Harrogate.

3 days of bonhomie, mustn't grumble. life could be worse, country walks, turkey, beef, duck, goose, Old Ma's pudding, stilton, port, log fires and Timmy on the piano. Then reload the X5 and crawl back to Fulham.

Meanwhile in the real world...
You further forgot to add some of the most important bits:
Your butler will be expected to take and pass a Covid "quick test" between each course (Preferably these should be supplied at his own expense)
Domestic and housekeeping staff will require to wear full Hazmat PPE at all times (Again, peferably supplied at their own expense - a list of Government Approved Suupliers is available on CroniesRus.Con)
You are further reminded that possestion of mistletoe is now a criminal offence under the Covid (We Wish You A Merry Christmas) Regulations 2020. If your houseguests are unable to resist the urges to exchange bodily fluids this may only be carry out at a safe distance of greater than 1 metre* (*Note: From January 1st, this requirement will be reduced from 1 metre to 3 feet - one of the first, and possible, only tangible results of Brexit)
JUST ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND THE LATEST PITHY GOVERNMENT THREE WORD SLOGAN - HO! HO! HO!

Alistair20000

You further forgot to add some of the most important bits:
Your butler will be expected to take and pass a Covid "quick test" between each course (Preferably these should be supplied at his own expense)
Domestic and housekeeping staff will require to wear full Hazmat PPE at all times (Again, peferably supplied at their own expense - a list of Government Approved Suupliers is available on CroniesRus.Con)
You are further reminded that possestion of mistletoe is now a criminal offence under the Covid (We Wish You A Merry Christmas) Regulations 2020. If your houseguests are unable to resist the urges to exchange bodily fluids this may only be carry out at a safe distance of greater than 1 metre* (*Note: From January 1st, this requirement will be reduced from 1 metre to 3 feet - one of the first, and possible, only tangible results of Brexit)
JUST ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND THE LATEST PITHY GOVERNMENT THREE WORD SLOGAN - HO! HO! HO!
Or as Boris might add in yet another cringeworthy attempt to play Churchill:

"This is the season for Ho ! Ho! Ho!; but it is also the season for No ! No ! No !"

Grecian2K

Might, Al???
Now it's been suggested he almost certainly will. :(

Alistair20000

Might, Al???
Now it's been suggested he almost certainly will. :(
Yeah I should have kept quiet like man isn’t it