• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brexit fiasco per chance ?
‘Fiasco’ indeed. With Spaffer at the wheel.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
That Nightingale problem has been flagged up for quite some time now. Apparently, you need 5 trained staff to operate a ventilator.
It now is open.

Oldsmobile-88

Devon reported as in Tier 2...Very few places Tier 1z

Alistair20000

So the Boris promise that the Lockdown would end on 2 December was a pretty hollow one. In substance it continues but he will pretend it does not.

As Covid spreads most during the autumn and winter why did he not see that having gone back in there would be no way out until the Spring ?

"All over by Christmas, we will have this beaten in 3 months, another Lockdown is the nuclear option blah, blah, blah." I really do think he just makes it up as he goes along.

Expect it now to go on until at least March with the limited lifting of restrictions over Christmas and probably a further clamping down in January too.

Banksy

Oh well , Kent on very high alert because of bleddy Swale. Even though Ashford itself is the lowest in the county.Local businesses are spitting feathers here.

Oldsmobile-88

FFS...Tier 2 means clubs like Exmouth Town can’t open the bar.Even with just table service as they were doing until the lockdown.

A big revenue stream lost for clubs at the moment.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camels back when people realise they are going to be under huge restrictions until March at least. Vague promises of review every two weeks are just lip service.

They have also suddenly used geographical areas not used before. Lumping whole counties together or even whole regions, like the North East

Alistair20000

FFS...Tier 2 means clubs like Exmouth Town can’t open the bar.Even with just table service as they were doing until the lockdown.

A big revenue stream lost for clubs at the moment.
As Boris promised, the lockdown will end on 2 December. Yeah right Boris. :mad:

Yet more nonsensical pettifogging rules and micromanagement from the bureaucrats. :mad:

Mr Jinx

So the Boris promise that the Lockdown would end on 2 December was a pretty hollow one. In substance it continues but he will pretend it does not.

As Covid spreads most during the autumn and winter why did he not see that having gone back in there would be no way out until the Spring ?

"All over by Christmas, we will have this beaten in 3 months, another Lockdown is the nuclear option blah, blah, blah." I really do think he just makes it up as he goes along.

Expect it now to go on until at least March with the limited lifting of restrictions over Christmas and probably a further clamping down in January too.
I hear you Al, but I'm going to play Devil's advocate here. Amidst all the doom and gloom that was around us last May, those words at the time did offer some crumbs of comfort. And it did look like it was going to beaten both here and abroad, but then of course mother nature just went and did what mother nature does.

It should have dawned on most people some weeks ago that this is how it is going to be now until a working vaccine is fully out there (given that the previously tried and tested herd immunity has become a swear word). You can play peek a boo and kid yourself that you're beating this thing, but open everything up again in the cold months and guess what's going to happen?

Next year I do hope they realise that they have been locking down too late and opening things up again way too late. I'm much more concerned now about people's ongoing mental health than I am about a friggin flu virus. This is killing us.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
As Boris promised, the lockdown will end on 2 December. Yeah right Boris. :mad:

Yet more nonsensical pettifogging rules and micromanagement from the bureaucrats. :mad:
Be fair Al. 1% of the country is under Tier 1. Promise delivered.