• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK and European Politics 2024 Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only just getting up to speed having been otherwise engaged for a couple of days.

The Diddy Man getting soaked made for terrible PR. Rather like 2010 When The Broon was at a poster campaign launch and a car crashed. N.B. Not Bigotgate.

I guess had someone held up an umbrella he would have been called the Wally with the brolly.

Sometimes you are destined to lose.

DB9

Fellas, this is day one of the campaign.
Long way to go. 🤷‍♂️
Just said as much Tavy but even you must admit the Cons Assoc have been a little blindsided by his announcement yesterday. Lots of Journo's who spoke to Tory MP's were saying this was not what they were expecting.

Spoonz Red E

Me too. After all, I am a paid up member.
Welcome to the Company.

arthur

Only just getting up to speed having been otherwise engaged for a couple of days.

The Diddy Man getting soaked made for terrible PR. Rather like 2010 When The Broon was at a poster campaign launch and a car crashed. N.B. Not Bigotgate.

I guess had someone held up an umbrella he would have been called the Wally with the brolly.

I hope you have had time to read the Daily Telegraph publisher's statement about its commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion :)

Spoonz Red E

I think he was hoping for a wringing endorsement.

DB9

In Scotland, Police have submitted finance reports from the SNP to prosecutors to see if cases are to go to court.

Grecian2K

Who from? The few remaining Tory "wets"??
Still, hardly a good look when, after calling a GE, even some of your own "trusted" ministers immediately leap off the sinking vessel.
Possibly they've taken heed of the obnoxious Mel Stride's "war on the unemployed and unemployable" and want to elbow their way to the front of the dole queue?

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Heard on Times Radio today that the current polling shows that the following 4 issues are the electorate's top priorities (in order).

1. NHS
2. Cost of Living
3. Growing the economy
4. Immigration

The same polling showed that the electorate trust Labour to do a better job dealing with the top 3, with the Tories more trusted only on number 4.

Feeling very grateful to Reform and all hard right Tories for handing this election to Labour - thank you 🙏

Last edited:

Banksy

Pour blighter .

Oldsmobile-88

Going back to the Venal Vennells almost painful to see how Mr Beer KC slowly and forensically twisted the knife this afternoon. (y)
Still at least St Paula the Amnesiac managed not to do her impression of a Weeping angel today.
I presume that the legal teams of her unfortunate victims get their turn tomorrow? Then watch the greedy, grabbing crocodile fill the room with her tears.
Popcorn time.
I wondered what happened to Gonch when he left Grange Hill...

DA8610B5-3B61-4C9E-BD22-2DD3AF3F9C13.jpeg