• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Catching up with a box set of Plebs , Funny as KCUF and some good Trojan Explosion music.

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A gem of our youth on at 11:25 TPTV

The Land that Time Forgot(1975)

Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

Just watched the 3rd Season of Snowfall,like the precious 2,absolutely excellent..Good news is a 4th season is being filmed 😁

I did not realise that the main character Franklyn Saint played superbly by Damson Idris was from these shores.
A Peckham lad of Nigerian descent.
He got the South Central LA accent & mannerisms off to a fine art.

A great drama of intertwined characters in the Cocaine/Crack trade in the 1980s..CIA,Contra Rebel’s,Mexican & Columbian drug cartels.

Oldsmobile-88

Claimed & Shamed on BBC 1

I am constantly astounded by the brass neck & dishonesty of some over fraudulent insurance claims !
Especially household claims.

I have only had to claim once on household insurance,it was turned down,it was only for £50 for a camera that got damaged(it was about 25 years ago)
After that I have not bothered with household insurance,a good proportion of your premium just lines someone elses pocket.

DB9

Claimed & Shamed on BBC 1

I am constantly astounded by the brass neck & dishonesty of some over fraudulent insurance claims !
Especially household claims.

I have only had to claim once on household insurance,it was turned down,it was only for £50 for a camera that got damaged(it was about 25 years ago)
After that I have not bothered with household insurance,a good proportion of your premium just lines someone elses pocket.
Watching it now, Some people are really thick if they think all they have to do is claim for whatever and get paid out no questions!

Oldsmobile-88

Watching it now, Some people are really thick if they think all they have to do is claim for whatever and get paid out no questions!
Yes..Especially the cash for crash.

I was involved in a couple of car crashes in the 1970s.One quite nasty where I ended up upside down in the passenger seat footwell(before mandatory seatbelt wearing)The car was ‘T boned’ insurance was sorted for the repairs(cars not so readily written off in those days) we were just thankful that we were not injured.
Never a thought of claiming for whiplash or any compensation..That culture has changed people who are fundamentally honest into dishonest.

Last edited:

DB9

Yes..Especially the cash for crash.

I was involved in a couple of car crashes in the 1970s.One quite nasty where I ended up upside down in the passenger seat footwell(before mandatory seatbelt wearing)The car was ‘T boned’ insurance was sorted for the repairs(cars not so readily written off in those days) we were just thankful that we were not injured.
Never a thought of claiming for whiplash or any compensation..That culture has changed people who are fundamentally honest into dishonest.
Hopefully programmes like these and with more people watching as they have to stay home they might think twice about a false claim

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Only ever had to make 1 for insurance on my old Mk1 Cortina which had an agreed vale of 9k + which was in the garage at the time but some little $hit decided to break in and when they realised they couldn't start the car decided to smash various panels and other damage making it a total loss from an insurance POV but the insurance argued that because I had basically built the car myself (over an 8 yr period) I could buy another shell and rebuild it and they offered £1500 for me to find and rebuild the car !
Put me right off building hot rods for years and now just build non road race cars for myself.

Oldsmobile-88

Only ever had to make 1 for insurance on my old Mk1 Cortina which had an agreed vale of 9k + which was in the garage at the time but some little $hit decided to break in and when they realised they couldn't start the car decided to smash various panels and other damage making it a total loss from an insurance POV but the insurance argued that because I had basically built the car myself (over an 8 yr period) I could buy another shell and rebuild it and they offered £1500 for me to find and rebuild the car !
Put me right off building hot rods for years and now just build non road race cars for myself.
I had Agreed Value on a couple of my classic cars a few years ago...I always wondered what would happen if I had to make a claim.Thankfully I never had to.
I always made sure I had recent photos of the car(s) as back up,just in case.What good that would have done in a claim is open to conjecture.
I had to get a Engineers report for one policy(not a bad idea) which should have been pretty fool proof for a claim..It was for a wonderful 1959 Rover 100(in 1985)
The report cost me nothing,I knew the head honcho for the garage at Middlemoor Police HQ..I Serviced his central heating for free..😁😁

Oldsmobile-88

AP mentioned Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid on the film thread..It got me thinking back to a Western sort of series with a bit of humour which was shown on BBC2 in the very early 1970s Alias Smith & Jones.
Very easy watching for all the family.

Pete Dual(Hannibal Hayes) & Ben Murphy(Kid Curry) Pete Dual shockingly took his own life after the successful first season.
The TV company casted another actor for the part on the 2nd Season,which seemed odd at the time.

Anyone else watch it ?