• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Finished the last two episodes of Sherwood. Not too bad , won’t say too much in case other folk are still watching. Bit of overacting towards the end from one of the main characters I thought , bloke who drove the train at the beginning , but I won’t say more now .Wife gave up on it halfway through.

Banksy

Started watching the tv series 1883 , western on Paramount+. The series stars Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Sam Elliott. Pretty gritty , plenty of realism and blood and gore , think I’ll make time to continue watching the series.Like Sam Elliot , but my , he’s starting to look too old to be riding the range though.

Rosencrantz

Finished the last two episodes of Sherwood. Not too bad , won’t say too much in case other folk are still watching. Bit of overacting towards the end from one of the main characters I thought , bloke who drove the train at the beginning , but I won’t say more now .Wife gave up on it halfway through.
Watched it pretty much back to back one day last week. It was pretty decent. I liked that Robert Glenister's son played the young him in the flashback scenes. He certainly has his dad's quick grin.

Alistair20000

Watched the first episode of Westworld Series 4. Intriguing buildup and moving away completely from the western setup. Think I’ll stick with it.
I thought series 3 disappeared too far up its own arse and gave up watching.

Awaiting a report from daughter who has watched the first episode of Series 4 but the fact you are sticking with it makes me think I should give it a go.

Banksy

I thought series 3 disappeared too far up its own arse and gave up watching.

Awaiting a report from daughter who has watched the first episode of Series 4 but the fact you are sticking with it makes me think I should give it a go.
Yes , the first episode of series four has been spent mainly building up the back stories of the main protagonists . I suspect this will be to cover the fact that some viewers will actually start watching from S4 with no need to go back to the previous series to catch up as it were , the series will be stand alone.It’s certainly going on a far different tack to the old Wild West script.
Ed Harris is still occupying one of the main roles as William the ‘man in black’ and his part certainly starts off with a bang.
They have to wind this one up soon anyway , and I think it’s been hinted that the next series five will be the last one.I’m a sucker for sci-fi , so will be sticking it out.Evan Rachel Wood looks good anyway!

Oldsmobile-88

5th July 1973

The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on BBC childrens slot. The French Production(FLP)was first shown in Germany(oddly!) in 1964 as four 90 minute films.
It was first broadcasted in the UK in 1965 dubbed & re-edited into 13 episodes of approximately 25 mins.
Given many a airing during school summer holidays up until the late 1970s

476025A7-17BB-4283-8419-6B608F550AFA.jpeg

Alistair20000

5th July 1973

The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe on BBC childrens slot. The French Production(FLP)was first shown in Germany(oddly!) in 1964 as four 90 minute films.
It was first broadcasted in the UK in 1965 dubbed & re-edited into 13 episodes of approximately 25 mins.
Given many a airing during school summer holidays up until the late 1970s

View attachment 8778
Did that have very distinctive theme music ?

Oldsmobile-88

Did that have very distinctive theme music ?
Indeed... The English dubbed version had a new theme tune made.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
That 1973 Wimbledon was the one boycotted by a lot of players.

Oldsmobile-88

That 1973 Wimbledon was the one boycotted by a lot of players.
A lot of the male players declined to compete after being instructed to boycott the Championship by the ATP(Players Union/Association)
It was over the Yugoslavia Tennis Association suspending Nikki Pillic.. A bit tenuous to say the least, in the Open era(1968 >) it was a chance for players to flex their muscles.
Jan Kodez reaped the benefits of the boycott.