• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Evening All...
Jack Warner was 80 when he played this scene in Dixon of Dock Green.
There was one final series in 1976.

I can’t imagine a lengthy monologue being allowed by a producer these days on a TV drama.

Oldsmobile-88

Finally got round to watching this and it was interesting. I do remember their hits and they did really rule the waves for a bit before completely falling off the radar which I always thought was odd. 3 big hits and that was it. They kind of made the excuse that it was because they never cracked America...but lots of bands don't crack America to go on and have lots more hits (e.g. Madness).

I forget what great musicians they were - the pianist and drummer were very much up there. Still hate Geldof mind and he came across as an even bigger tit.
😎😎

71F752DA-FC92-463E-9DD7-4F2A24B9CF81.jpeg

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Evening All...
Jack Warner was 80 when he played this scene in Dixon of Dock Green.
There was one final series in 1976.
26 years after his "death" in 1950! One of the most familiar signature tunes of its day.

Grecian2K

Those monologues were not just the preserve of TV and old Doxon of Dick Green, Olds.
Way, way, way back in the day Uncle Tom Forest used to use a similar device as the opening every Sunday "Omniverous" edition of The Archers on ye* olde steeme wirelesse.
*Sorry Kan(ye)...please don't sue.

Oldsmobile-88

Hughie Green(1920-97) was known for the odd monologue after Opportunity Knocks especially during the dark days economically of 1976/77.
One memorable rant about sections of workers in the country always being on strike,plus his negative opinion of the Government at the time being the final straw for his employers Thames TV.
All very difficult because of his huge TV audience(15m plus)
This was after his bust up with Jess Yates of Stars on Sunday fame,who was also the producer of the popular game show Sky’s the Limit,which Green was compère until the fall out.
It was many years before the public knew one of the reasons for it.Green was the biological father of Yates daughter Paula(1959-2000)

It was *cough* That’s all folks....👌

Oldsmobile-88

26 years after his "death" in 1950! One of the most familiar signature tunes of its day.
I’ve never seen any reruns of Dixon of Dock Green.
Like the other classic BBC police dramas of that era (Z Cars,Softly Softly Task Force)the expensive at the time VT used to record the shows were wiped to be reused.
I would imagine the earlier episodes from the 1960s might be still around in the archive because they were recorded on film.
Recordings that were produced before 1972 are very rare.

Oldsmobile-88

About to watch the first season of You on Netflix.

Anyone else seen the series ?

iscalad

I’ve never seen any reruns of Dixon of Dock Green.
Like the other classic BBC police dramas of that era (Z Cars,Softly Softly Task Force)the expensive at the time VT used to record the shows were wiped to be reused.
I would imagine the earlier episodes from the 1960s might be still around in the archive because they were recorded on film.
Recordings that were produced before 1972 are very rare.
Some were shown live as well

Oldsmobile-88

About to watch the first season of You on Netflix.

Anyone else seen the series ?
Binge watched the first 5 episodes..Pretty good.

A male bookstore manager who crosses paths with an aspiring female writer. A crush becomes something even more sinister when the writer becomes the manager's obsession.Using social media and the internet,to become close to her,going so far as to remove any obstacle,including people that stand in his way of getting to her.

Alistair20000

Sounds like Al is really either Waldorf and Statler, The two old gits who use to boo and hiss at the Muppets. 🤣🤣
This particular curmudgeon would out git that pair with gittage to spare 😂

• Haha
Reactions: DB9