• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here in the Meridian TV area, On our Channel 7 we have the awful That's TV, Its one of those channels the Government gave licences to broadcast a "Local TV Station" this one fails, Its either vintage music from the 60's to the 90's or The Jewellery Channel but now they are showing the original Kenny Everett Video Show that use to be on ITV, No audience, Just the crew laughing, Yes it's dated but very funny, Also some good bands of the time and Hot Gossips "Naughty Bits"

Mr Jinx

Here in the Meridian TV area, On our Channel 7 we have the awful That's TV, Its one of those channels the Government gave licences to broadcast a "Local TV Station" this one fails, Its either vintage music from the 60's to the 90's or The Jewellery Channel but now they are showing the original Kenny Everett Video Show that use to be on ITV, No audience, Just the crew laughing, Yes it's dated but very funny, Also some good bands of the time and Hot Gossips "Naughty Bits"
They've been showing that on London Live a lot lately. Has taken me back to a time and place.

DB9

They've been showing that on London Live a lot lately. Has taken me back to a time and place.
Same here Jinxy, He was a very funny guy and I think way before his time, Sid Snot, Cupid Stunt, Kaptain Kremmen plus Carla etc.

Rosencrantz

Same here Jinxy, He was a very funny guy and I think way before his time, Sid Snot, Cupid Stunt, Kaptain Kremmen plus Carla etc.
Barry Cryer had the story that they had problems (really!) with ITV bosses over the name Cupid Stunt so they went back with Mary Hinge and the bosses thought the former was the safer bet!

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

On BBC Four..Citizens of Boomtown.The story of Bob Geldof & The Boomtown Rats.

Great anecdotes with the various members & people in the record industry at the time.
Geldof always struck me as a bit pretentious at the time,this documentary has softened that image.

Well worth a watch on iplayer.
Finally got round to watching this and it was interesting. I do remember their hits and they did really rule the waves for a bit before completely falling off the radar which I always thought was odd. 3 big hits and that was it. They kind of made the excuse that it was because they never cracked America...but lots of bands don't crack America to go on and have lots more hits (e.g. Madness).

I forget what great musicians they were - the pianist and drummer were very much up there. Still hate Geldof mind and he came across as an even bigger tit.

Oldsmobile-88

24th October 1979.
The ITV Strike that had blacked out all ITV Regions (except Channel TV) for 11 weeks was over.
The ident was used on the whole ITV network just prior to broadcasting being recommenced at 5.45pm.

The nation breathes a collective sign of relief.
The characters of Meg Richardson,David Hunter,Amy Turtle,Annie Walker,Ken Barlow,Len Faircough & all the rest from ITV Soapland were back on the small screen 😎. Oh & not forgetting Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy 😁

93AE39B8-A0A3-404B-A4D6-2C6E1DCD9EB4.jpegB93D96FB-13C8-4344-927B-D0E1DFC81F6F.jpeg

Alistair20000

They could have stuffed Kermit and Miss Piggy where the sun don’t shine as far as I am concerned

Colesman Ballz

They could have stuffed Kermit and Miss Piggy where the sun don’t shine as far as I am concerned
Oo 'er missus ! :unsure:

DB9

Sounds like Al is really either Waldorf and Statler, The two old gits who use to boo and hiss at the Muppets. 🤣🤣

Oldsmobile-88

Just watched the last instalment of Devon & Cornwall Costal Walks with Michael Portillo.(Channel 5)
A interesting series.There are many cracking costal walks in the two countries if you are fit enough & have the time to do them.
One of the last sections he did between Torquay & Teignmouth is a killer from personal experience from
someone who has dodgy knees.
The series finished at the end of Dawlish Warren on the Exe Estuary.