• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watched the excellent Motorway Cops : Catching Britains Speeders on C5 last night(Mon at 8pm)
The programme is interspersed with Dash Cam footage from members of the public,a few horrible bangs recorded as well as catching out Cash for Crash criminals,they are on a par with drivers under the influence.

I was amazed that a 16 year old on a provisional licence could legally drive a huge tractor & trailer on the road.He was pulled over for no number plate on the trailer & no netting on the load which was above the side of the trailer...The copper spoke to his dad who was the vehicle owner & let the lad off with words of advice.A sensible proportionate decision.

Oldsmobile-88

One of the best British films of the 1980s on TPTV tonight(Weds 20th)at 9.05pm.
Mona Lisa(1986)
Great performance from Bob Hoskins,with Cathy Tyson & Michael Caine.

Banksy

One of the best British films of the 1980s on TPTV tonight(Weds 20th)at 9.05pm.
Mona Lisa(1986)
Great performance from Bob Hoskins,with Cathy Tyson & Michael Caine.
Wonder if a lot of people know that?😀

Spoonz Red E

Rosencrantz

Although I did see an interview with him the other day saying he isn't doing any more movies. He has got a novel coming out though 😉

LOG

Last night's 24 Hours in Police Custody on C4, To say this was harrowing is an understatement, A man who abused girls and boys but somehow evaded the law for years, Because his victims were vulnerable and seen as "Untrustworthy" because they were in the system it was shocking. His victims got no help, Ended up on drugs, Alcohol, became serial criminals etc, Their lives were ruined by this man. A 2 part programme, The Officers involved did a great job, The interviews with the victims were awful and made you wince. 10 victims were brave enough to give statements, At least 7 gave evidence in court, Sadly one victim committed suicide a while before but in the end the abuser was found guilty on all charges and was jailed for life with a minimum of 22 years. One thing shone through though, The victims were let down by the system totally, Most were not believed, That still has to change.
I see that a number of other victims have come forward after this and the publicity around the case.

LOG

I was amazed that a 16 year old on a provisional licence could legally drive a huge tractor & trailer on the road.He was pulled over for no number plate on the trailer & no netting on the load which was above the side of the trailer...The copper spoke to his dad who was the vehicle owner & let the lad off with words of advice.A sensible proportionate decision.
When i was a nipper, a friend lived on a farm and he was often out and about in a tractor at that age. I seem to remember that the test, if you can call it that, was something as simple as having to reverse around a corner.

It seemed odd even then that someone could drive a bleddy great tractor and trailer around before they could drive a car!

DB9

I see that a number of other victims have come forward after this and the publicity around the case.
Saw that too in the credits, May that abuser rot in jail!

Mr Jinx

Saw that too in the credits, May that abuser rot in jail!
It was kind of inevitable in the end, but it did have me asking myself - why find him guilty now and not before? They even had evidence in the previous case (where he was let off). This time it was purely she said/he said.

DB9

It was kind of inevitable in the end, but it did have me asking myself - why find him guilty now and not before? They even had evidence in the previous case (where he was let off). This time it was purely she said/he said.
If you listen to what the victims said and its the same old tale, The victims, Because of the abuser that abused the victims they had drug, alchohol issues plus were known to Police as serial offenders for car theft, Burglaries etc and the abuser must of had a clever lawyer and used that against the victims and the jury believed him, They were self harming, Committed suicide, The whole system let them down as they do time and time again, I thought the female Police Det Sgt was amazing and persued it till the CPS agreed he should be charged and stand trial and she got him convicted on all counts. This case was over a 3 yr period too.