• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wow..Look at that viewing figure !
It really was a storyline that captured the imagination of the nation at the time.
Not me

Oldsmobile-88

October 1985.
I thought at first glance it was a couple of actors in a drama about the Prince & Princess of Wales.
A bit tacky,the real thing being on the cover of the TV Times.

5AECA214-4050-4FD6-8258-45B2763A0A45.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Keeping with the soap theme.Exactly 35 years ago Nick Berry aka ”Wicksy”-Simon Wicks in Eastenders was No1 with every loser wins.
Maybe he was singing that about his character mate in Eastenders “Lofty” George Holloway(Tom Watt)

6FDBAB13-65A9-4AAB-9C20-7CB135662AA4.jpeg

Alistair20000

Watched episode 2 of the Larkins tonight.

The actors did well to be fair but it felt a bit flat and weak. Not sure I will watch it again.

Reactions: DB9

Alistair20000

Keeping with the soap theme.Exactly 35 years ago Nick Berry aka ”Wicksy”-Simon Wicks in Eastenders was No1 with every loser wins.
Maybe he was singing that about his character mate in Eastenders “Lofty” George Holloway(Tom Watt)

View attachment 7194
And later Rowan in Heartbeat

DB9

Does anyone watch the main soaps anymore ?

I have not watched any of them regularly for many years now.The main ones,Eastenders & Coronation St are on too often in the week,resulting in poor quality writing & plots,i thought.
The storyline I mentioned above was when The Street was just on twice a week(Mon & Wed 7.30-8pm)whilst Eastenders was broadcasted Tues &
Thurs 7-30-8pm.
I occasionally catch a episode of the aforementioned recognise a few of the characters but have no idea what’s going on 😁
Is Phil Mitchell still boozing ? He always seemed to be at deaths door with alcohol,the same as Peter Barlow on the rival soap.
To show you how soap audiences have fallen, Recently Eastenders had a figure of only 1.6m, More watch Only Connect than Eastenders nowadays and the other soaps don't fair much better, The days of near 30m viewers are long gone.

Oldsmobile-88

And later Rowan in Heartbeat
Indeed...The series was at its best when he had the lead imo.

Oldsmobile-88

To show you how soap audiences have fallen, Recently Eastenders had a figure of only 1.6m, More watch Only Connect than Eastenders nowadays and the other soaps don't fair much better, The days of near 30m viewers are long gone.
Just goes to show how viewing habits have changed.So much choice these days.

Rosencrantz

That's because we all know who the real Queen Vic is 😉

Oldsmobile-88

Eastenders/Grecians mix 😁

Former fullback Tom Kelly looked very much like Eastenders Cafe owner Ali Osman(Nedjet Sahil)

The character was a original on the set along with screen wife Sue(Sandy Ratcliff 1948-2019)
Those were the days..Ali’s gambling & the slightly neurotic Sue