• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was The Plank the only Silent Comedy of that type they did for TV? I'm sure i remember some others but that was the best known.
Ronnie Barker did some good ones , for example Futtock’s End.

Alistair20000

A bit of light relief on Coronation St.Not exactly the storylines that Corrie watchers are accustomed to today.I wonder if Arnold Swain got his ‘leg over’ with Emily Bishop 😁😎 ?
Ooh err missus :eek:

Oldsmobile-88

5th June 1986.
A good evenings viewing on the BBC.

Kane & Abel written by Jeffery Archer was good.
Sam Neill had a great decade of gigs acting wise.The Omen 111((1981) Dead Calm(1989)to start & finish the decade for the NZ actor.

A film or drama about Jeffrey Archer would be interesting to say the least.Prostitute paid off(Monica Coghlan) set up by a Newspaper Sting.Subsequent Libel case that he won.Then Perjury trial about the libel trial a decade later just before he was going to run as the Tory Candidate against Ken Livingstone for the first London Mayor.Found Guilty & banged up.
He was scuppered trying to be a MP again or any meaningful political position after the conviction &
jailing but was OK for the House of Lords 🤣
6B084B6D-E754-4716-8F09-EB37484CF529.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

A bit of trivia about the court case & The Stranglers.

The Stranglers were about to release a single.A cover of The Kinks “All Day & All of The Night” someone thought it was a good idea to use a photo of Monica Coghlan going into court on the pic sleeve of the single.
The record company lawyers belatedly stopped the image being used.
The sleeves already printed were hastily withdrawn putting the single release back.
CE7F7917-D0D1-4D9E-AFB3-0D9733F2C2CC.jpeg

Colesman Ballz

The original one is available on YouTube
It is the original Sykes/Cooper 1967 Film version on the BBC i player too. Approx double the length of the TV remake.

Rosencrantz

The Stranglers were about to release a single.A cover of The Kinks “All Day & All of The Night” someone thought it was a good idea to use a photo of Monica Coghlan going into court on the pic sleeve of the single.
The sleeves already printed were hastily withdrawn putting the single release back.
View attachment 6224
Reminiscent of The Move and their Flowers in the Rain insert of Harold Wilson and his secretary. One court case later and all royalties, even now apparently, go to a charity of Wilson's choosing. I bet Roy Wood is really happy about Xmas being every day to make up for it 🙂.

Oldsmobile-88

Sunday 14th June 1970.
I watched the England v West Germany World Cup QF.
The first of many disappointments watch them in the later stages of international competitions.
5A74B65E-9AB2-4E9B-9F13-7E8B333890A6.jpegCF604E2D-09E9-452C-8C94-85C8821ABC9C.jpeg

Grecian2K

View attachment 6224
Interestingly enough, that track cropped up on Friday's "Popmaster".
Sadly, I along with (I suspect - or hope) about 90% of the other listeners misidentified it as The Kinks.
"Generational thing", I guess.

Oldsmobile-88

Sunday 14th June 1970.
I watched the England v West Germany World Cup QF.
The first of many disappointments watch them in the later stages of international competitions.
View attachment 6227View attachment 6228
England 2-0 West Germany

51 minutes: Another Keith Newton marauding run down the right sees a good cross converted by Martin Peters.

DB9

Like the listing from 1970 backwards because they look so plain, No photos, Adverts on the page or anything, Just the listings.