• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
4th June 1980.

The Mexicans a documentary by John Pilger.Dunno about oil,but since they have dwarfed the US in organised violence !

It mentions in the programme description Pilgers documentary about Cambodia that he produced the previous year.
The Year Zero about Pol Pot & the aftermath of Cambodias collapse on the back of the defeat of South Vietnam in 1975.It is powerful documentary that opened the worlds eyes to what had happened.

A bit of light relief on Coronation St.Not exactly the storylines that Corrie watchers are accustomed to today.I wonder if Arnold Swain got his ‘leg over’ with Emily Bishop 😁😎 ?
6016F9E9-253B-425F-AA91-4A888F88F292.jpeg

DB9

4th June 1980.

The Mexicans a documentary by John Pilger.Dunno about oil but since then they have dwarfed the US in organised violence since then !

It mentions in the programme description Pilgers documentary about Cambodia that he produced the previous year.
The Year Zero about Pol Pot & the aftermath of Cambodias collapse on the back of the defeat of South Vietnam in 1975.It is powerful documentary that opened the worlds eyes to what had happened.

A bit of light relief on Coronation St.Not exactly the storylines that Corrie watchers are accustomed to today.I wonder if Arnold Swain got his ‘leg over’ with Emily Bishop 😁😎 ?
View attachment 6219
You missed out The Plank at 7pm on ITV Olds, Its a classic Eric Sykes "Silent Comedy" It's very old school but very funny.

Oldsmobile-88

You missed out The Plank at 7pm on ITV Olds, Its a classic Eric Sykes "Silent Comedy" It's very old school but very funny.
After I posted i noticed that 😁

That is a stellar supporting cast too..!

Reactions: DB9

DB9

After I posted i noticed that 😁

That is a stellar supporting cast too..!
The supporting cast is like your whole childhood and more, Not one name I don't recognise.

Oldsmobile-88

The supporting cast is like your whole childhood and more, Not one name I don't recognise.
Yes..The same for me.

Can’t say the same about some of the entertainers these days..I had to ask my good lady if Joe Essex was a real person 🤣 such is my disinterest in some of the reality TV around l

• Haha

DB9

Yes..The same for me.

Can’t say the same about some of the entertainers these days..I had to ask my good lady if Joe Essex was a real person 🤣 such is my disinterest in some of the reality TV around l
Absolutely the same for me. I think because we only had 3 TV Channels to watch a lot of who we saw on TV also did lots of films, Especially British comedy ones and also TBH they had real talent and you always remember that, Unlike today's TV fare.

iscalad

Remake. Eric Sykes/Tommy Cooper version was better.

Colesman Ballz

It is currently available to view on the BBC i player, although you may have to go to the A-Z listing to locate it.

iscalad

It is currently available to view on the BBC i player, although you may have to go to the A-Z listing to locate it.
The original one is available on YouTube

DB9

Was The Plank the only Silent Comedy of that type they did for TV? I'm sure i remember some others but that was the best known.