• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Legohead

Banned
It's harmless light entertainment. Minor slebs hoping to secure future employment and become less "B-list" and a TV company humiliating them in the process. The people who join up are no lesser celebrities than those on the dancing, singing, cooking show dross on telly ad nauseam. If you don't like it switch over.
I don't like it and don't watch it Billy. The kid does though but I take umbrage at the producers claiming these people are celebrities when they aren't. How can the unknown son of Martin Kemp be a celebrity? How can Jamie Vardy's wife who was in it last year be a celebrity?

I think they should have a spin off show called, I'm Related to a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know what you're saying Lego, I don't watch these things either, and often I have no idea who the sleb is. But I don't care. If Vardy's missus earned a few bob by getting on telly and the public saw her squealing at a spider so be it, all I'm saying is while she's doing it I'm reading my book.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
TPTV tonight at 7pm showing the classic 1947 Brighton Rock starring Richard Attenborough, Well worth a watch or record it

DB9

Half way through season 4 of The Man In The High Castle and it is getting really good, This is the final season so I'm hoping the ending won't leave me in limbo like others do.
Just finished the whole series, Jeez it was awesome, If anyone has Amazon Prime and likes the stories about an alternate world where we lost WW2 this is for you, Very well made and acted, Amazon and Netflix do throw some money at these programmes

Rosencrantz

Vienna Blood on BBC2. Somewhere between Sherlock (except the doctor is the clever but socially reticient one) and Ripper Street set in early 20th century Vienna.

iscalad

Ken Burns documentary on Country Music is excellent.

Oldsmobile-88

From Karachi to The Khyber on the BBC iplayer.

It’s in the archive section.Mark Tully(BBC Correspondent) Travels on the train to the Khyber Pass in 1993.

*Hants.That would be a nice trip for you if it’s still running *

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
*Hants.That would be a nice trip for you if it’s still running *
I'll add it to the list! The Khyber Pass is now closed.

There's a City fan travelling across Australia on a 3 day trip, which has peaked my interest. Especially as Michael Palin recently covered that trip.

Red Devon

There were some good dramas set in WW2 during the 1970s..Danger UXB,Colditz,The Pathfinders & Secret Army.
Colditz was excellent lots of the episodes were loosely based on real events.

Remember Mum used to be gripped by Secret Army, I think it was where they got the idea for Allo Allo from.

Oldsmobile-88

Remember Mum used to be gripped by Secret Army, I think it was where they got the idea for Allo Allo from.
It was fairly popular back in the day.
I expect in that 3 TV Channel era,10-12m viewers would have been the norm.