• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
629 , that’s some number! How many hours did that take?
It has taken me about 2-3 months, Watching either on TV during the day or on the laptop when the good lady wants to watch something else. I managed to multitask, Watch The Bill and use Exeweb via my phone, That's why my spelling is crap sometimes, Stumpy fingers. These episodes are the half hour ones from the early days rather than the hour long ones they did later.

DB9

It has taken me about 2-3 months, Watching either on TV during the day or on the laptop when the good lady wants to watch something else. I managed to multitask, Watch The Bill and use Exeweb via my phone, That's why my spelling is crap sometimes, Stumpy fingers. These episodes are the half hour ones from the early days rather than the hour long ones they did later.
Thinking about it it's closer to 4 month's to watch them, I did post on here a while back about the real early ones and how London has changed but can't remember when.

Banksy

Ah , someone else watches the odd stuff on a laptop too.(Actually I’ve now changed that to my iPad and headphones.) I’ve had series four and five of Vikings stacked up for some time but have balked at catching them up .There’s so very much to watch these days if you want to and so easy to access.I drifted by the local charity shop yesterday and they were selling off dvds and box sets for ten pence each! Trouble is , I look for some of the old series and westerns and they are never there .But for instance you could pick up all the Breaking Bad series for less than a pound.But what with Amazon ( daughter treated me to a fire stick ) Netflix and Sky Cinema there is always something to watch .P.s I’m glad someone else has stumpy fingers!

DB9

Ah , someone else watches the odd stuff on a laptop too.(Actually I’ve now changed that to my iPad and headphones.) I’ve had series four and five of Vikings stacked up for some time but have balked at catching them up .There’s so very much to watch these days if you want to and so easy to access.I drifted by the local charity shop yesterday and they were selling off dvds and box sets for ten pence each! Trouble is , I look for some of the old series and westerns and they are never there .But for instance you could pick up all the Breaking Bad series for less than a pound.But what with Amazon ( daughter treated me to a fire stick ) Netflix and Sky Cinema there is always something to watch .P.s I’m glad someone else has stumpy fingers!
I have to admit my good lady watches some real tripe on the main 5 channels, So while she watches some carp I'll plug in me headphones and catch up on stuff like this, Then she complains i never talk to her!!! We have Sky/Amazon/Netflix also and have watched some good stuff but the good stuff is hidden amoungst the rubbish.

Banksy

I have to admit my good lady watches some real tripe on the main 5 channels, So while she watches some carp I'll plug in me headphones and catch up on stuff like this, Then she complains i never talk to her!!! We have Sky/Amazon/Netflix also and have watched some good stuff but the good stuff is hidden amoungst the rubbish.
I mirror that at home too! some of the wife’s stuff I bite the bullet on and watch with her there’s been some to share like the latest All Creatures and the odd episode of Police Interceptors , but it’s hard to watch Border Control and Would I Lie to You especially for the third time let alone the dreaded Tipping Point. I do have a pokey little study which I expect I’ll slink into during the winter to catch up on a few things on the small set in there.Being realistic , it’s hard to try to be good company and share yet reconcile the fact that most of the time two people don’t share the same tv interests. I know the only thing my brother in law watches is sport , goes in his room and watches three games in a line while sister in law has her own room ,I’m not that bad!

Last edited:

DB9

I mirror that at home too! some of the wife’s stuff I bite the bullet on and watch with her there’s been some to share like the latest All Creatures and the odd episode of Police Interceptors , but it’s hard to watch Border Control and Would I Lie to You especially for the third time let alone the dreaded Tipping Point. I do have a pokey little study which I expect I’ll slink into during the winter to catch up on a few things on the small set in there.Being realistic , it’s hard to try to be good company and share yet reconcile the fact that most of the time two people don’t share the same tv interests. I know the only thing my brother in law watches is sport , goes in his room and watches three games in a line while sister in law has her own room ,I’m not that bad!
Yep, The All Creatures we like too but TBH there is very little we like together, She'll watch a drama about something or other and i roll my eyes and either put the laptop on or go to the other room with a TV in it, I'm amazed we're still together after over 30 years! :LOL:

Banksy

P.s Should have said that something we do both like are the older westerns.Wife likes the less violent ones with a story and old time actors of the Jimmy Stewart ilk ,though not the violent modernist ones.I’ll watch most and have a big collection so we won’t run out!

DB9

P.s Should have said that something we do both like are the older westerns.Wife likes the less violent ones with a story and old time actors of the Jimmy Stewart ilk ,though not the violent modernist ones.I’ll watch most and have a big collection so we won’t run out!
I do like WW2 films, Old and new, As long as they are well made that'll do for me, A classic western is a great chill out viewing, Reminds me of BBC2 in the old days when you didn't want to watch Grandstand or Sunday afternoon, You could just relax and enjoy the film.

Banksy

Yes , same here. Do like the older war films , Where Eagles Dare , Bridge at Ramagen , Eagle has Landed typeand we’ll both setttle down with one of those too.

DB9

Yes , same here. Do like the older war films , Where Eagles Dare , Bridge at Ramagen , Eagle has Landed typeand we’ll both setttle down with one of those too.
Those are great films but there are some great modern ones out there, International ones if you don't mind subtitles, There is on Youtube a countdown of Top 10 Russian war films and I've seen a lot of them, That's worth a look for some ideas, They are cracking films, Also some German made ones too.