• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've had that with all the terrestrial channels except the BBC's channels and when we switch to the HD versions, no pixelating or loss of picture, Perhaps atmospheric conditions?
The problem was only on Talking Pictures that evening so I do not think it was atmospherics.

DB9

The problem was only on Talking Pictures that evening so I do not think it was atmospherics.
Mmmm then you got me. I do think, Although I have no knowledge of such things that some of these channels are on the "edge" of the transmitter channel and it doesn't take much to interfere with the quality of the picture.

Alistair20000

Mmmm then you got me. I do think, Although I have no knowledge of such things that some of these channels are on the "edge" of the transmitter channel and it doesn't take much to interfere with the quality of the picture.
All too technical for me DB.

I just get a tad vexed when things do not go according to plan

Oldsmobile-88

It’s that old 405 line TV Al 😁😎

DB9

That's an age thing Al, I get that comment from Mrs DB9 😄

LOG

This is quite a good watch:

DB9

Just sat down, On TPTV The Blue Lamp, I know its been reviewed, seen it loads, know the story but just brilliant (y)

Rosencrantz

The Salisbury Poisoning on BBC1 the last three nights have been good. Good performances by Ann-Marie Duff and Rafe Spall.

Otherwise I have been enjoying Sky's new documentary channel. Lots of good sports docs such as Busby, Howard's Way, Fire in Babylon, Pantani and The Armstrong Lie. Have also enjoyed McMillions, Hitsville:The Making of Motown and 16 Shots which has quite prescient in recent race problems in the USA even though it only came out last year.

Banksy

Talking Pictures are showing the Adventures of William Tell, Robin Hood, Sir Lancelot every morning.
A real blast from the past.
For old times sake I recorded each of them ( the very first episodes in each case ) and watched the Sir Lancelot one before the City match yesterday. I must have last watched that episode as a teenager and , sad soul that I am , remembered the plot and the title ‘The Knight With the Red Plume‘ which wasn’t bad as it was first shown I see in 1956! Must say it had a bit more action than the City / Colchester game!

Mr Jinx

Talking of Talking Pictures, it had The Deep on last night which I recorded. I loved that film, especially the music, and can't wait to watch it again. Caught a sneak preview of the first 20 minutes. It has added poignancy now as I went to Bermuda last year.

The Salisbury Poisoning on BBC1 the last three nights have been good. Good performances by Ann-Marie Duff and Rafe Spall.
Watched episode 1 last night and am now eagerly awaiting the next two.