• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think my problem with Talking Pictures is down to watching channel 328 through Sky rather than Channel 81 on Freeview.

All ballsed up on 328 for The Winslow Boy last night but clear as a bell on 81.

Alistair20000

For old times sake I recorded each of them ( the very first episodes in each case ) and watched the Sir Lancelot one before the City match yesterday. I must have last watched that episode as a teenager and , sad soul that I am , remembered the plot and the title ‘The Knight With the Red Plume‘ which wasn’t bad as it was first shown I see in 1956! Must say it had a bit more action than the City / Colchester game!
Are you recording via channel 81 please ?

LOG

Does anyone remember a very low budget programme called The Game from the early 90s? It was presented by Danny Baker and was about Sunday league football played on Hackney Marshes?

I watched the episodes on You Tube the other day but don’t remember it at all. It was made by LWT though so I’m not sure if it made it this far west.

It's a bit niche but there was something strangely fascinating about it, probably the standard of play. This is a link to the first episode fro which you can find the others -

The referee in episode three is outstanding.

DB9

I'd thought that might have been a totally regional programme for the London area, They get that and we ended up with the "Cut Price Comedy Show" on TSW!

Banksy

Are you recording via channel 81 please ?
No via 328 and perfect picture.

Alistair20000

No via 328 and perfect picture.
Thanks for that.

Might be an issue with our Sky box then.

Banksy

Thanks for that.

Might be an issue with our Sky box then.
Might even be the alignment of the dish itself.

Alistair20000

Thanks. Will check that out.

Oldsmobile-88

Reminds me of when Granada TV shops were selling dishes & receivers(2nd hand) for about £20 in 1992/93.I fitted mine & some for friends.
I was usually on the chimney stack with a walkie talkie moving the dish about until a good picture was received on the TV via the person at the other end of the walkie talkie.That was for a analog signal.

The majority of channels were free to air back then including the Sport Channel.I think the only subscription was reqd for the movie channel...How times have changed !
Thought Sky did loose £100s of millions a year in those days,they were getting heavily subsidised receivers into homes at a fast rate.
A smart move in the long term.

Colesman Ballz

All this talk is bringing back memories of the Only Fools and Horses episode featuring Del Boy's "Statelite" dish ! :)