• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust agm motion

I wonder how many people on here have sacked people, made people redundant, taken people through a disciplinary process, served people their notice, etc before?
Happy to put my hand up to this

The fact is the genii on the club board think we're all ignorant dolts

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why is it so difficult to sack him? Too much bean counting and not enough action.

Compensation is £250k or 1 x Tom Nicholls transfer. It would be payable over 2 years. If he got another job I'm assuming compensation will then cease when he takes up his new job?

If we drop out the league, we would lose out on the £200k for just being in the league, TV money, smaller gates with reduced prices. I reckon it could cost us £500k a year and we wouldn't be coming back soon.

It really is a simple decision. Time to stop talking about his contract, its just moving deckchairs around the Titanic. Get rid, get someone in to make our team fitter and more motivated to fight to preserve our league status.
I think you're being unfair Mackster - we're talking about a business with no money removing its highest paid employee - surely you can't think a debate around the issue is "bean counting"?

iscalad

Thanks. I think this is right as I did not have to declare my proxy which was an open one to decide on the day after listening to the debate. The proxies were perhaps surprisingly heavily in favour of the Motions in contrast to a more divided position among attendees and made the difference.
I think that some of the attendees listened to the arguments for and against the motions. Proxy voters have no chance of doing that. As an example I nearly abstained from the first motion as I disagreed with part B. However I decided that I agreed with part A more than I disagreed with part B so therefore voted for the motion.

iscalad

I think you're being unfair Mackster - we're talking about a business with no money removing its highest paid employee - surely you can't think a debate around the issue is "bean counting"?
But the motion wasn't about sacking the manager, just giving notice on his 2 year rolling contract and re-negotiating a fixed term one.

I think Mackster is spot on. We are being peddled the doomsday scenario when it's far more likely there is a pragmatic and cosr efficient solution given a long history of under achievement.

Unfortunately this is compromised by Taggs complete mismanagement of the situation.

If Tisdale can point to the fact that "Taggy" has been telling him all along he's doing a great job than there's less recourse

But there's the rub ! This is Tagg and the boards totally catastrophic mismanagement of the situation

fred binneys head

Unfortunately this is compromised by Taggs complete mismanagement of the situation.

If Tisdale can point to the fact that "Taggy" has been telling him all along he's doing a great job than there's less recourse

But there's the rub ! This is Tagg and the boards totally catastrophic mismanagement of the situation
EXACTLY! That's been my point all along - Tagg is useless, so my level of faith that the situation will be handled properly is zero.

Mackster

I'm just saying that letting his contract run down could be far more expensive than just terminating it now.

I can't think of one club that would consider the course of action we are taking, the stakes are too high not to act to remove him.

Surely we could have a Trust fundraiser if we still have to pay Tisdale but need to also pay for a new manager.

fred binneys head

But the motion wasn't about sacking the manager, just giving notice on his 2 year rolling contract and re-negotiating a fixed term one.
Fair point, the debate on here has morphed, many have spoken of just sacking him.

The problem here is that no one knows the terms of his contract, and that is at the heart of what is, and isn't, possible.

Mackster

I understand this, but by the time the gears of The Trust crank into action, we could be sunk. I've no beef with Tisdale, but he seems lost. It'll be best for all parties if we parted ways, and I guess he would be fairly honourable and it wouldn't cost 2 years salary.