• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust agm motion

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Doug Gillard on the Exeter city supporters discussion group Facebook page is raising a motion at the agm to investigate the managers contract, specifically I believe to call for any notice period to be triggered and to see if there are other ways to change it without large financial costs. Apologies to Doug if I haven't described this 100% accurately.

An email address has been set up [email protected], he would like emails to register trust members who support this, including who can attend on the 22nd to vote and act as proxy for other trust members who can't attend. If you are a trust member who can't attend but happy to allow another member to cast your vote for you then please also send an email. I believe Doug would need your name and address plus trust membership number.

Many thanks.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'd want to see the wording of the motion before committing.

Doug3101

I'd want to see the wording of the motion before committing.
I'll get a copy posted shortly.

Doug3101

1) Clarify whether the employment contract between Mr Paul Tisdale, football manager, and Exeter City Football Club incorporates a clause that sets out the details relating to any termination of said contract and, specifically, the term of notice required to be given in such circumstances.

2) Should such a clause be proven to exist, the Board of Exeter City Supporters' Trust shall immediately instruct the board of Exeter City Football Club that notice be served on Mr. Paul Tisdale, in line with the appropriate and relevant terms of the contract, with the purpose of securing an alternative contract that will best protect the financial interests and security of the football club and be acceptable to both parties jointly and individually."

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
If enough support is forthcoming from Trust members will it work and what barriers can the Club throw up to block it?

Doug3101

I hope it gets support so the whole thing is debated, acted on and put to bed.
I hear/read about people who have been saying for years that something should be done.
I reckon these guys just assume things are done 'by magic'
We're all to blame IMO, all moaning, no one doing anything. In the last two years, and if my research is correct, there has been one motion tabled at Trust board meetings....ONE!
People say the trust is toothless and doesn't act. How can people listen if no one is talking?

Doug3101

There is also a time factor of four weeks included in the motion, I couldn't quite get the peice of sublime technology that is a windows phone to copy and paste it all in!

Grecian2K

There is also a time factor of four weeks included in the motion
Although, doubtless the powers that be will interpret that as a ROLLING four weeks?

Alistair20000

This AGM instructs the Trust Board to:

1) Clarify whether the employment contract between Mr Paul Tisdale, football manager, and Exeter City Football Club incorporates a clause that sets out the details relating to any termination of said contract and, specifically, the term of notice required to be given in such circumstances.

2) Should such a clause be proven to exist, the Board of Exeter City Supporters' Trust shall immediately use its powers as controlling shareholder to require the Board of Exeter City Football Club that notice be served on Mr. Paul Tisdale, in line with the appropriate and relevant terms of the contract, with the purpose of securing an alternative contract that will best protect the financial interests and security of the football club and which sets out appropriate performance targets and the consequences of failure to achieve those targets.

3) The Trust Board shall publish the outcome of the actions taken on the instructions set out in this Motion on its website no later than 30 November 2016"
Tisdale's contract is something that the TB should have sorted out with the Club long ago. The TB through its representatives on the CB should of course be aware of the terms of the contract so it is rather a surprise that question 1 is required at all. That said, I agree it needs to be included. I have no confidence the TB is aware of the exact terms of whatever contract exists.

I would tighten the wording as set out above including the requirement for the TB to report back to us the great unwashed.

Expect the road block of privacy of the contract and commercial sensitivity etc to be raised.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Although, doubtless the powers that be will interpret that as a ROLLING four weeks?
Very good; hence the preference for a fixed date.