• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust agm motion

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Is it taken as read then that the Trust Board are happy for Tisdale to continue as manager and do not wish to remove him?
From the email Martin Weiler sent to me:

In terms of your specific questions I can assure you there is an ongoing active dialogue going on about the concerns and it will be discussed again at the Club Board on Thursday. It would not be right to publicly share the nature of the discussions so far (you can imagine the sensitivity) but please be absolutely certain that the Trust Board is on the case. I know this is frustrating for those who want chapter and verse but as I explained to fans at Carlisle we must tread a careful line and not do or say anything that damages our Club.
I guess they're just covering their backs for the moment just to be safe, although I'll be hoping for some much-needed answers to key questions at the fans forum on Monday, seeing as there's a club board meeting on Thursday. It's the least we fans deserve to be honest.

Red Bill

If nobody is actually trying to remove Tisdale then we are destined to continue the club's slide.

Is it taken as read then that the Trust Board are happy for Tisdale to continue as manager and do not wish to remove him?

If so then we are totally fooked, if the trust members voted in a Trust Board that wanted to continue with Tisdale.
Can't speak for anyone else but regardless of the wording or what Doug's intentions were when putting forward the motion, I voted for it as I thought it represented the only realistic opportunity to remove Tisdale, so as the AGM motion has been followed through by the TB, I would say that that someone is trying to remove him.

As to whether the TB are happy for Tisdale to continue, in my opinion (and it is only my opinion), the TB certainly isn't short of Tisdale apologists. There are 12 members of the TB (not counting co-opted trustees), so Its unfair to make a blanket statement about the TB wanting him to stay.

As someone else said though, there was an election only a month ago. There were 3 sitting trustees standing one of whom was also a CB member, a former trustee who had had to stand down for a year under the rules but who none the less had remained a CB member, and ex player who'd been out of the country for the last few years but had played under Tisdale and certainly didn't give the impression in his manifesto that he had any intention of rocking the boat. All of whom were elected. Only Clive and Matt were elected out of the four of us who stood on the change ticket, and if we include Mark Cordell who also appeared to have similar feelings to us, that's 2 out of five. Terry, Mark and I have to take that result on the chin, I may have only missed out by 14 votes but miss out I did and we all have to accept there wasn't enough support for us. If we are fooked, its because like our strikers, we didn't take our chances!

If we want a different TB, people need to make it happen!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
RB, just a point of clarification, Devine didn't play under Tis.

Red Bill

RB, just a point of clarification, Devine didn't play under Tis.
Ok, couldn't remember if he left that summer or the one after! The point remains the same though, he didn't seem to represent a change candidate.

tonykellowfan

Thanks Red Bill and others for taking the time.

Tisdale needs to be removed from the manager's post and placed on gardening leave NOW as soon as possible. We need a new manager who can change things.

How about an EGM for the trust members to vote on such a resolution?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
How about an EGM for the trust members to vote on such a resolution?
But to know whether that's a good idea the members voting would need to be made aware of Tisdale's salary and how much it would cost to pay him off. Without those bits of info, how could the voters be making an informed decision?

I'm not saying that your idea is wrong, but the way this is set up makes it easy for the Trust to make it near impossible to do.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

We have to pay Tisdale his notice whatever happens. However that does not mean he has to be in charge of the first team while this is being sorted out.

We have to find £50k for example to pay someone like Tully as the new head coach, which surely can be achieved?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have to pay Tisdale his notice whatever happens. However that does not mean he has to be in charge of the first team while this is being sorted out.

We have to find £50k for example to pay someone like Tully as the new head coach, which surely can be achieved?
Good point.

Will you be at the fans forum? Would be interesting to ask whether this option has been considered.

tonykellowfan

I wish I could, but I am an exile and so cannot get too much involved beyond exeweb, although I am very concerned that we seem to be sleepwalking to relegation and worse.