• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM 2013

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Agenda is up on the Trust website.

Mr Chorlton will be making the scene at item 5.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
2 motions to be discussed that appear to be worthy of support
The Board of Trustees of the Exeter City Supporters’ Society Ltd (the Trust Board) is to reach agreement upon the information that it requires, in order to make an informed decision regarding the appointment and or reappointment of directors to the Board of Directors of Exeter City AFC Ltd (the Club Board). Furthermore, the Trust Board is to agree with the Club Board, a process to ensure that this information is provided to the Trust Board in a manner that is to its agreement. This resolution is to be enacted within 3 months or by the time of the next reappointment to the Club Board being sought, which ever is the sooner.
and

The Board of Trustees of the Exeter City Supporters’ Society Ltd (the Trust Board) is to compel the Board of Directors of Exeter City AFC Ltd (the Club Board) to publish unabridged accounts for the last completed financial year and for every completed financial year there after. This publication should be supported by suitable commentary with all associated costs being met by the Exeter City Supporters’ Society Ltd.

David Treharne

It would be a pity if, in the middle of all the euphoria about Saturday's result (and the possibilities offered by an excursion to Oxford) that we should lose sight of this event, which has brought about a contested election for the first time in a couple of years, and the possibility of some prodding of forward movement by support for the two motions that will be debated. Fascinating too to see how deeply they try to bury the Supporters Direct audit (which has received scant attention or Trust Board comment), how the controlling strict nature of the agenda is adhered to, and of course whether the Club Chair puts in one of his increasingly rare appearances, and if so what gnomic utterances might be forthcoming (especially with regard to the redevelopment).

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be a pity if, in the middle of all the euphoria about Saturday's result (and the possibilities offered by an excursion to Oxford) that we should lose sight of this event, which has brought about a contested election for the first time in a couple of years, and the possibility of some prodding of forward movement by support for the two motions that will be debated. Fascinating too to see how deeply they try to bury the Supporters Direct audit (which has received scant attention or Trust Board comment), how the controlling strict nature of the agenda is adhered to, and of course whether the Club Chair puts in one of his increasingly rare appearances, and if so what gnomic utterances might be forthcoming (especially with regard to the redevelopment).
Also a pity that the link to the Trust Chairman's report appears to be broken and no other papers available yet. IIRC they were all posted as a package 10 days before last year's meeting.

A new website is promised for the Trust. Can't come too soon.

Tim_H

David, are you able to point towards some more information about the Supporters Direct Audit? I confess I didn't even know it was happening, would be interested to hear what they had to say.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
David, are you able to point towards some more information about the Supporters Direct Audit? I confess I didn't even know it was happening, would be interested to hear what they had to say.
It's on the Trust website at:

http://www.ecfcst.org.uk/news/730/202/Supporters-Direct-Audit-Report-on-the-Trust/

The actual document can be downloaded at

http://www.ecfcst.org.uk/uploads/Documents/Exeter City ST Audit final version.pdf

David Treharne

Thank you John William! I'd be interested in knowing what others views are on this audit, which was the result of a motion put to the AGM in 2012. It does seem to me to be a good attempt to try and highlight both successes and issues that need further work - but I've been disappointed that the BOS haven't come forward with suggestions about how they might implement some of the "not achieved" issues that are raised, and indeed whether it will be raised other than in "matters arising" at this years AGM.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
When the audit report was linked here on WoWs it generated absolutely no debate or discussion. :(
www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?51923-Supporters-Direct-Audit-Report-on-the-Trust

contrabombarde

When the audit report was linked here on WoWs it generated absolutely no debate or discussion. :(
www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?51923-Supporters-Direct-Audit-Report-on-the-Trust
Apologies for being off topic,but W.T.F. are WoWs? I have tried google and the best they can come up with are women on wall street or weak opiate withdrawal symptoms. Please help!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Word on Wells Street. The forum you're using. I should capitalise the S but never do!