• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM 2013

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Adrian: any particular questions (short bullet points) you think we should ask of

(a) Ed Chorlton

(b) The Trust Board

on the redevelopment front ?

Happy to raise them on your behalf on Saturday.
Thanks mate, how about these?

(a) Why did the Club Board not have the common decency to reply to my financing suggestions on redevelopment, which I passed over to Julian Tagg during the course of my meeting with him?

(b) Was pressure put on Laurence Overend by the Club Board not to put my proposals to a Trust Board meeting on the setting up a shadow redevelopment team, particularly after Laurence had initially agreed to do this?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just out of interest RW, have you ever attended a trust AGM, fans forum or other public meeting to voice your concerns?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just out of interest RW, have you ever attended a trust AGM, fans forum or other public meeting to voice your concerns?
Have attended many Trust AGMs and fans' forums as a Trustee, have represented the Trust at the Club AGM (but always under control!)

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks mate, how about these?

(a) Why did the Club Board not have the common decency to reply to my financing suggestions on redevelopment, which I passed over to Julian Tagg during the course of my meeting with him?

(b) Was pressure put on Laurence Overend by the Club Board not to put my proposals to a Trust Board meeting on the setting up a shadow redevelopment team, particularly after Laurence had initially agreed to do this?
If they are your planned questions, I would let rw ask them himself.

Otherwise you look like a scorned lover...

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have attended many Trust AGMs and fans' forums as a Trustee, have represented the Trust at the Club AGM (but always under control!)
I meant as a fan with major concerns. I've said it before - I'm afraid things get done by people who turn up. I can't see the point of making a lot of noise on here and never attending the meetings you suggest noise should be made at. How you can expect someone else to ask those questions is baffling to me.

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I meant as a fan with major concerns. I've said it before - I'm afraid things get done by people who turn up. I can't see the point of making a lot of noise on here and never attending the meetings you suggest noise should be made at. How you can expect someone else to ask those questions is baffling to me.
The response to Alistair's offer was made more than a little tongue in cheek. Whilst these days I'm getting to be a grumpy old sod who likes to say what he's thinking, I wouldn't really have expected Alistair to ask them. In any case they would find some reason to prevent them being asked.

I won't be attending because the people buying our house want to be in before Christmas and I only have this and next week to find a replacement in Plymouth before I take the short term renting route. Further, at the end of next week I'm in for a cataract operation so won't be able to drive for a week.

David Treharne

As is so often the case with Exeweb there are two threads which are running concurrently, dealing with parts of the same issue. The thread "Redevlopment" started by Sexton Blake has (apart from the bickering that pervades such threads) an interesting link to the redevelopment that FC of Manchester are about to start after raising funding through a Community Share issue. It would be interesting to ask several of those who will be there on Saturday at the AGM to explain where they think Exeter City FC are with this kind of scheme and development. This particular thread has, it seems to me, pointed out the powerlessness of individual Trust members in trying to use the AGM to talk about this and other issues, but I think it's worth turning up to try and force some of the matters, like ground development, ownership and the whole tenor of the SD report out into the open. Before anybody responds with a "Dream on" posting, I'm sure it wont be allowed to happen.....but it'll be fun trying.

Last edited:

Thames Valley Red

People have zero confidence that they will even been heard David, after all under hand tactics have been used for a while now.

AndrewP

I have been venturing down for the AGM now since i joined the trust in 2003. In later years, frankly, it's been a shambolic example of how to sit through a process where nothing gets listened to, nothing gets debated, no questions ever get answered and the motions are gone through because they have to be......For an organisation with over 3000 members, the attendance is truly shocking and it has become something of a damp squib. Oh, please...how i would love a full house, where the bull gets grabbed by the horns and it doesn't end until All questions/topics are answered to everyones satisfaction...aint going to happen though...although i'd be delighted to have a go with you Dave.

Last edited:

Olivia's dad

Banned (PM)
People have zero confidence that they will even been heard David, after all under hand tactics have been used for a while now.
You are spot on TVR