• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
indeed, and it should be seen as the fun irrelevance it is...
It"s just a forum with people exchanging their views What do you think we should be taking about? Irrelevant to what? What happens at City? Well of course, nobody suggests that comments on Exeweb has any impact on the club.
Are you against the principle of people expressing their views on all forums?
I really don't see what your problem is.
Matt made some comments related to bringing in new players and people are commenting on it. What:'s the big deal?

Pobbop

It"s just a forum with people exchanging their views What do you think we should be taking about? Irrelevant to what? What happens at City? Well of course, nobody suggests that comments on Exeweb has any impact on the club.
Are you against the principle of people expressing their views on all forums?
I really don't see what your problem is.
Matt made some comments related to bringing in new players and people are commenting on it. What:'s the big deal?
Not against it, just see it as pointless until we see what action and transfers are actually done. Because Matt can't say anything that will actually hamper him in his negotiations.

jjmanning

Red Devon

Seems like it’s all about quality this summer.

A handful of players still under contract to be told they’re free to leave.

Williams almost certain to go.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've just been told that Atangana has signed for FC Camel in the UAE league.

ryancooper327

I've just been told that Atangana has signed for FC Camel in the UAE league.
More like Camelford FC

Memphis09

We need 7/8 New signings to improve the quality and depth of the squad .
But now after MT‘s post match u-turn looks like we’re be lucky
if we get 3 or 4.
Not what we wanted to hear after yesterdays match.
Exactly totally agree 6 minimum
Not exactly the comments you want from the manager when people are thinking about season tickets be positive

Memphis09

That depends on how many players are released in the first place.If he only releases two or three then he only has two replace two or three. It also depends on how many of the kids coming through he thinks are ready for the first team. For example, I can see Kite stepping up next season into a far greater role than he had this.
Yes but he was yesterday not the depth in the squad hence why he needs to sign more than releases

Memphis09

I don't agree. Firstly, the relevant interview was not after a match.
Secondly, it just seemed a bi unusual.
Matt was at pains to insist that next year things would be better and that we'd be making a big effort to bring in better quality players. To me it seemed that he was feeling under a bit under pressure and wanted to reassure the fans that we were going to have a real, serious go at promotion next season with him at the helm and money to send. Although spending money on new players is only half the battle, it was obviously music to the ears of many fans
His most recent interview on the topic was a bit more toned down. Was this because he had overstepped his pay grade?
We will never know, but with that first interview he certainly raised expectations.
I think for the above reasons the interview was quite significant, and has obviously created interest amongst some posters on Exeweb.
Yes agree very indecisive one positive interview the other well left a lot to be desired if I am honest

denzel

So it seems that Jake and Randell are definitely going. As said above, it sounds like he is concerned that players wont come here. It was good enough for Nicky Law for three years and he only left to go to the States. Swansea and Norwich are similar geographical outposts but they can attract better players, I agree it's about money, though also about selling the club and its ambition
I suspect this is one of the most eagerly anticipated off seasons in many a year.