• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Morning Greasy, it's just gone 11:30, have you worked out which day of the week it is yet ?

ps. we were playing Barrow yesterday, not Harrogate, just in case it hasn't sunk in yet.
One northern non league outfit playing above their station looks much like another.....................

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
One northern non league outfit playing above their station looks much like another.....................
Pathetic.

grecIAN Harris

Pathetic.
Aptly sums up you keyboard warriorism. Now jog on, there's a good boy.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Patronising nonsense.

IndoMike

Oh for ***** sake what is wrong with you people that get so obsessed with manager interviews, rarely listen to them myself, particularly after a match when they aren't probably thinking clearly.

We'll obviously have more than 3 or 4 changes, we will be getting rid of more players than that.
I don't agree. Firstly, the relevant interview was not after a match.
Secondly, it just seemed a bi unusual.
Matt was at pains to insist that next year things would be better and that we'd be making a big effort to bring in better quality players. To me it seemed that he was feeling under a bit under pressure and wanted to reassure the fans that we were going to have a real, serious go at promotion next season with him at the helm and money to send. Although spending money on new players is only half the battle, it was obviously music to the ears of many fans
His most recent interview on the topic was a bit more toned down. Was this because he had overstepped his pay grade?
We will never know, but with that first interview he certainly raised expectations.
I think for the above reasons the interview was quite significant, and has obviously created interest amongst some posters on Exeweb.

ExmouthMart

Taylor already making excuses about signing players because of the difficulty of attracting players to Devon. Players will sign if the wages make it worthwhile. Just make sure you sign the right players on decent wages. One of the most telling things for me was releasing Law in January. He was under contract and knew that. I understand he wanted to play in America but what about our ambitions to get in the playoffs?! Taylor saying a lack of quality caught up with us but what do you expect when you release the player who gave us the most drive?!
Building a team around young players is the signal for more players like Atangana, Parkes etc. to make the numbers up..... What did he mean if Jay is here next season?! He’s under contract so unless it’s a decent offer he’s going nowhere. Surely that’s correct if we are building a competitive team next season.
The quality is probably going to be Friend on a 3 year contract. Then we have a Moxey situation again. How did that turn out?! We need to get out of the cycle of looking back and take a chance signings. Otherwise we just muddle along, as we have done for a number of years.

Pobbop

I don't agree. Firstly, the relevant interview was not after a match.
Secondly, it just seemed a bi unusual.
Matt was at pains to insist that next year things would be better and that we'd be making a big effort to bring in better quality players. To me it seemed that he was feeling under a bit under pressure and wanted to reassure the fans that we were going to have a real, serious go at promotion next season with him at the helm and money to send. Although spending money on new players is only half the battle, it was obviously music to the ears of many fans
His most recent interview on the topic was a bit more toned down. Was this because he had overstepped his pay grade?
We will never know, but with that first interview he certainly raised expectations.
I think for the above reasons the interview was quite significant, and has obviously created interest amongst some posters on Exeweb.
All these interviews are not anything we should care about, actions are, I did think he was overly bullish before, but it really doesn't matter, any of them.

Interest amongst Exewebbers is a huge irrelevance to anything but exewebbers.

Pobbop

Taylor already making excuses about signing players because of the difficulty of attracting players to Devon. Players will sign if the wages make it worthwhile. Just make sure you sign the right players on decent wages. One of the most telling things for me was releasing Law in January. He was under contract and knew that. I understand he wanted to play in America but what about our ambitions to get in the playoffs?! Taylor saying a lack of quality caught up with us but what do you expect when you release the player who gave us the most drive?!
Building a team around young players is the signal for more players like Atangana, Parkes etc. to make the numbers up..... What did he mean if Jay is here next season?! He’s under contract so unless it’s a decent offer he’s going nowhere. Surely that’s correct if we are building a competitive team next season.
The quality is probably going to be Friend on a 3 year contract. Then we have a Moxey situation again. How did that turn out?! We need to get out of the cycle of looking back and take a chance signings. Otherwise we just muddle along, as we have done for a number of years.
moxey was okay, some of our best signings ever have been resignings, Kellow, Neville, Hiley, Miller, we could go on, if they're right for us do it. and yes it's because they know Devon is a nice place to live in and they have roots. Just saying pay over the odds to get players down here, is why we have been in such financial problems in the past.

IndoMike

All these interviews are not anything we should care about, actions are, I did think he was overly bullish before, but it really doesn't matter, any of them.

Interest amongst Exewebbers is a huge irrelevance to anything but exewebbers.
Yes, but this is an Exeweb forum, isn't it?

Pobbop

Yes, but this is an Exeweb forum, isn't it?
indeed, and it should be seen as the fun irrelevance it is...