• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

older-codger

If he’s out of contract in June and we‘ve turned down
a decent amount of cash, then someone comes in and
offers him a extra £500 a week when season ends.

Take the money.
He's signed a new contract

Pobbop

In the long run losing Bowman could be the best thing we could do, if only we'd sold Flacky when there was interest we might have escaped ten years of mediocrity.
Don't really agree Bowman is as bad as Flack, but in the end we can't get rid of someone that scores goals, even if not prolific, without getting anyone in, would be a disaster for this season.

Red Monster

Oh damn!!
Still take the money 😉

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
In that case £25 million plus add ons.

Scores goals? This season Bowman has scored two hatricks sandwiched between two thick cut slices of wholemeal *****, we must be able to do better.

arthur

Don't really agree Bowman is as bad as Flack, but in the end we can't get rid of someone that scores goals, even if not prolific, without getting anyone in, would be a disaster for this season.
Both Flack and Bowman invite a certain style of play that is only occasionally effective. That's why the cumulative effect of playing like this every week is mediocrity. I refer again to the transformative effect of replacing Mark Hateley with Peter Beardsley in the 1986 World Cup. There are alternatives to a big put-yourself-about centre forward....

Grecian_Matt

Please be true..
I will get the removal van ready.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Regardless of whether he goes or stays, I really struggle to understand the negativity of some about Bowman. We are roughly half way through the season and he has scored 10 goals. Our two top scorers are both in double figures. Despite their current league position, the BBC Cumbria commentator last Saturday noted that and said, "it would be good if we had two strikers on double figures".

Carlisle's big plus is their defence and therein lies our weakness. It's not our attack (although Randall and Randell are both sorely missed).

Grecian_Matt

He has scored 10 goals, which includes 2 hattricks.
Take them away he has scored 4 in 22..

IndoMike

Both Flack and Bowman invite a certain style of play that is only occasionally effective. That's why the cumulative effect of playing like this every week is mediocrity. I refer again to the transformative effect of replacing Mark Hateley with Peter Beardsley in the 1986 World Cup. There are alternatives to a big put-yourself-about centre forward....
The argument has been that he keeps defenses occupied and creates space for others. In order to create space for others he would need to be marked by two defenders and run the defense ragged. I'm not sure that"s been happening, but am willing to be corrected. Was very pleased he got his two hat-tricks -it's not nice for a CF to be Inna goal drought - and thought that might spur him on.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has scored 10 goals, which includes 2 hattricks.
Take them away he has scored 4 in 22..
That's a meaningless argument. You could equally well argue that take away the games when he didn't score and he has 10 goals in 6 games.