• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

milts

We have fallen way off short of what was needed. Needed another 2 minimum.

Caldwell sounded confident earlier so I wonder what has happened.

If we have signed them but just not announced them then whilst it’ll be great news tomorrow I’ll be ****** off that we’ve held the news back for no reason

Corey

If this is it, seems like a very thin squad to me. Only 18 outfield players for 10 spots and 6 on the bench. That only leaves room for two injuries (currently Scott, Kite and Aitchison are unavailable for the next game) before we have to start relying on youngsters (e.g. Beardmore, Borges, O’Connor) to fill spots on the bench

simcity

Shower of sh1t.

Last bit of info from the club was that GC was confident of more signings at 1.45 and then nothing.

Going into a period of games where our only fit strikers are Muskwe, who GC has admitted can’t play 90 mins yet, and Sonny Cox who hasn’t shown enough yet.

Can’t wait to see Mitchell & Rankine playing as strikers tomorrow in a classic 1-0 defeat…

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well it has to be said that was one of the most disappointing windows in ECFC history, and typical of the way the club operates: promise much, deliver f*** all. We’ve been promised signings more than once by the manager, but yet again it’s empty words with nothing materialising. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

of course this may all be a load of old smoke and bluster and tomorrow we’ll have more of those stupid incoming videos to whet our appetite, but for me that’s just typical of feed them anything and they’ll lap it up guff that we’ve been fed for years. I’m fed up with smart arsed hints and teasers, if weve signed someone let us know, if we missed out, let us know, if there’s nothing let us know.

So yeah, we’re one special club, we’re in it together, we’re unique, but at the end of the day we’re no different to anyone else - we’ll lead you on, we’ll promise you this, that and everything else, we’ll tell you how important you are and we’ll make glitzy videos to emphasise the point, but in the end what really matters is what we feel like letting you know, and right now that’s the square root of sod all.

Cheers City, thanks for nothing you absolute bunch of **** takers.
And of course, worst of all, it's made your recent 'stop worrying about it' stance look rather silly.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
If this is it, seems like a very thin squad to me. Only 18 outfield players for 10 spots and 6 on the bench. That only leaves room for two injuries (currently Scott, Kite and Aitchison are unavailable for the next game) before we have to start relying on youngsters (e.g. Beardmore, Borges, O’Connor) to fill spots on the bench
Two internationals out next week as well. Hopefully Aitchison will be back though

tom_ecfc

32mins to go…..

denzel

32mins to go…..
Is that when the fax machine slams shut?

denzel

Every cloud and all that!

Grecian Max

What’s quite funny about that is they’ve sold Loft 😂 so now they don’t have him or JCH