• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City friendly match day thread. Kick off 3pm

i8cornwall

Well it could be worse. We could refer to the manager as 'gaffer', which is IMO truly hideous.

Are we still referring to Matt Taylor as king or are we to deep into having a meltdown and a reality check to do that now?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly Max , we were promoted on April 26th!! Last few years we’ve had a month less to get sorted ! No real excuses are there . I actually find it abit odd as we were told back in January Flitcroft was already indentifing targets for the new season
Something seriously off with the strategy. Enough of the budget stuff, there’s enough players to go around.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are we still referring to Matt Taylor as king or are we to deep into having a meltdown and a reality check to do that now?
Some fans need to learn to take the advice of a former manager and not get too carried away when we win or too despondent when we lose 😉

i8cornwall

Some fans need to learn to take the advice of a former manager and not get too carried away when we win or too despondent when we lose 😉
Is probably the correct answer but what will be will be.

If it all goes tits up just sack the owners 😉

(Go on one of you wants to take that not as the jokes it's intended to be, who's gonna fall into my trap? Haha)

Smithyno6

Let’s all worry at the end of the season and say wether they got it right or wrong. Admittedly it doesn’t look too good at the moment but I was made to eat my words after Leyton Orient away last August so I’m sitting back and waiting before any judgement. I’m sure we’ll see faces in the next couple of weeks and fingers crossed we do the business and stay up. Then it’ll be more about sustainability next season and the future.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Something seriously off with the strategy. Enough of the budget stuff, there’s enough players to go around.
Are you talking from experience do you have any experience of managing a football Club and all the hurdles that managers have to clear to bring new players in.

Sell the area and the Club to the players you have targeted then make your offer for their services. Initially they might be prepared to accept then you sit and wait hoping that in the meantime no one’s been in his ear whether his wife deciding she no longer likes the idea of moving or his agent trying to persuade him to look again at other offers.

Not home and dry yet still the chance of health issues showing up on his medical……just a walk in the park what is so difficult anyone can do the job of a football club manager…….I don’t think.

geoffwp

Yawn this is so boring. I started supporting City during factually the worst period ever 1995- and still have standards.
Jeez Max, you are sounding increasingly like my grandad.....miserable

Grecian Max

Jeez Max, you are sounding increasingly like my grandad.....miserable
Pointless post, next

Grecian Max

Are you talking from experience do you have any experience of managing a football Club and all the hurdles that managers have to clear to bring new players in.

Sell the area and the Club to the players you have targeted then make your offer for their services. Initially they might be prepared to accept then you sit and wait hoping that in the meantime no one’s been in his ear whether his wife deciding she no longer likes the idea of moving or his agent trying to persuade him to look again at other offers.

Not home and dry yet still the chance of health issues showing up on his medical……just a walk in the park what is so difficult anyone can do the job of a football club manager…….I don’t think.
Are you talking from experience of being a manager of a football club?

Coppers

You know how these things go, we lose at non league Torquay then beat Lincoln away on first game of season.