• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City friendly match day thread. Kick off 3pm

duchyred

IF you have been supporting us that long (longer than I have been alive 1961), then there have been some absolutely dire times which would make our current position seem like we are a premiershite side and yet you are so negative on all your posts, what is the best team/squad you have witnessed over that time and favourite player, just to geta giste ofwhat you are comparing our current squad to!
1981 team?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
IF you have been supporting us that long (longer than I have been alive 1961), then there have been some absolutely dire times which would make our current position seem like we are a premiershite side and yet you are so negative on all your posts, what is the best team/squad you have witnessed over that time and favourite player, just to geta giste ofwhat you are comparing our current squad to!
GNH - if it helps I've been at SJP since circa 1965 and have witnessed many dire times which have changed over the past 12 years or so to consistency at the right end of the table.
IMHO our squad last year was akin to that of Cooper's promotion team but our problem is that both Sams are carrying / playing with last season's injuries and we don't have cover.
We've gone up a level so probably need better player resources than last season - only time will tell I guess but I hope our X academy products can keep us up until next season when we should have the best training facilities in the lower leagues helping us to attract the better players that have passed us by this season.
Finally fan ownership increases strength of opinions IMHO and should be encouraged.
UTC
GIG (Grecian in Guzz)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
1981 team?
What did they win?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
GNH - if it helps I've been at SJP since circa 1965 and have witnessed many dire times which have changed over the past 12 years or so to consistency at the right end of the table.
IMHO our squad last year was akin to that of Cooper's promotion team but our problem is that both Sams are carrying / playing with last season's injuries and we don't have cover.
We've gone up a level so probably need better player resources than last season - only time will tell I guess but I hope our X academy products can keep us up until next season when we should have the best training facilities in the lower leagues helping us to attract the better players that have passed us by this season.
Finally fan ownership increases strength of opinions IMHO and should be encouraged.
UTC
GIG (Grecian in Guzz)
Point was really for the Virginian's buddy, so we can get a giste of where he is coming from but thanks for the response

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Arthur Davey

Hmm, yep, a Gulls' supporter was saying something about this to me & my buay afterwards as we were walking back to our car...😬

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that picture to suggest it was Grounds that said something without DL actually saying who it was

Arthur Davey

1981 team?
Loved Brian Godfrey's teams around that time, my favourite era

Arthur Davey

Is that picture to suggest it was Grounds that said something without DL actually saying who it was
Yep, it would seem so; that's who said Gulls fan indicated to us; MT's comments on the matter:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, it would seem so; that's who said Gulls fan indicated to us; MT's comments on the matter:
George Ray on his way back ?