• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City friendly match day thread. Kick off 3pm

A very strange afternoon. City put in a performance which was more akin to a first preseason friendly rather than a final one. Lots of below par and rusty performances.
Are we doomed? No, of course not, but we do need to strengthen to give us a fighting chance.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
A very strange afternoon. City put in a performance which was more akin to a first preseason friendly rather than a final one. Lots of below par and rusty performances.
Are we doomed? No, of course not, but we do need to strengthen to give us a fighting chance.
But it doesn't look like we have £s to strengthen otherwise we would have done it by now.
We're not doomed but think we will be closer to bottom than top (hope I'm wrong)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
At this stage of pre season the players just want to get going properly just like the fans do…coming through the match without any injuries is the most important thing…I’ve no doubt motivational levels will go up ten fold by next Saturday.

geoffwp

Says someone whose location is ‘zen city’. What a tosser
Oh dear oh dear. Throwing your toys out of the pram there.😆

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't we outplay a championship side last week.

I dont give a cr@p about the results in pre season friendlies.

Next Saturday is when it matters.

IndoMike

I think folks are forgetting this was just a pre-season friendly, the aim of which is to improve fitness, try out a few moves, and in general get back into the swing of things.
I wouldn't read too much into the results at Bristol (good) or at Torquay (not so good)
Time will tell where we are in relation to the other teams in Div 1.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do you actually support Exeter City, or are you a scummer in disguise trolling these pages for reaction, I can't recall one positive post from you in all 48 of them
He is an ex city employee who will very soon be outed

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
No post match MT interview yet - is he signing Torquay's goalie !

Trampus

Oh dear oh dear. Throwing your toys out of the pram there.😆
Cap seems to fit

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
But it doesn't look like we have £s to strengthen otherwise we would have done it by now.
We're not doomed but think we will be closer to bottom than top (hope I'm wrong)
Finishing just below half way meets this criteria and if I still had one I would sell my grandmother if that guaranteed us to finish there lol.

As for the current situation it is worrying as we know the squad is paper thin and even more so that the two Sams have not yet exactly lit the games alight.

Notwithstanding today’s result and performance I still think we have a nucleus of a good squad but need to add some quality to be able to create serious competition for places and if not that then numbers to supplement the squad in the case where as will inevitably happen we lose players through injury.

I am sure MT is all too aware of this and come the proverbial hell or high water will make some signings within the next few days 🤞🙏