• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Torquay United vs Exeter City friendly match day thread. Kick off 3pm

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pointless post, next
🖕

Boyo

I think today outlined how important Jevani is to the team. We really missed his creativity and ability to pull defenders around. Nombe was relying on scraps.
Similarly, Key is so important. Caprice is fine as a back up and arguably better on the left, but Key is head and shoulders the better player and offers us so much going forward.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think today outlined how important Jevani is to the team. We really missed his creativity and ability to pull defenders around. Nombe was relying on scraps.
Similarly, Key is so important. Caprice is fine as a back up and arguably better on the left, but Key is head and shoulders the better player and offers us so much going forward.
Agreed but what today illustrates is when some of our key players get injured we are very weak.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not so sure. Second half we created four or five chance that we missed from inside the six yard box. The chances were there, we just didn't put them away. The chances Nombe had he should have buried.

Grecian Max

(Edit) not worth it

geoffwp

(Edit) not worth it
Reply.... not worth it 😂

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from Torquay's goalie were then any others worth poaching today ?

AmberRed

Torquay had a few big strong players today and we didn't get the ball on the floor enough to play! The worry is we need Brown and Nombe on the field together, they struggle to score when it's only one of them! Scott Brown 'slapped' the ball straight to them for the goal. Definitely need some signings soon or it's going to be a long hard season.

Boyo

I'm not so sure. Second half we created four or five chance that we missed from inside the six yard box. The chances were there, we just didn't put them away. The chances Nombe had he should have buried.
Oh we still created decent chances and on another day would have scored 3 or 4, but I maintain that Jevani and Key are crucial for us this season.

AmberRed

Apart from Torquay's goalie were then any others worth poaching today ?
Their goalie couldn't even get in their side last year, don't think he's consistently as good as he was today.