• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdales philosophy

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A manager who didn't want to manage and a Chief Executive who didn't want the job: what could possibly go wrong?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
A manager who didn't want to manage and a Chief Executive who didn't want the job: what could possibly go wrong?
I wonder if Ray Kelvin would acknowledge any other significant business influence away from the retail sector? PT is "star struck" and his focus should be on the job he has, not one that he seems to hanker after.... He may or may not make a good manager in the retail business, but clearly its time to find out.....

Last edited:

arthur

Very revealing. He keeps talking about business (which is fine) and how he has applied generic business principles to the context in whiuch he operates (football). All of which is absolutely fine by me - I am a great believer in transferable skills and sceptical of "unless you've been in an industry man and boy you'll never be any good" positions.

But when did you last read an interview with a major business leader who made absolutely no mention of customers and their expectations?

It's the complacency and total lack of understanding of what his customers want that make me consider him unfit for the role he's in. "Where I am fortunate is that my brief at Exeter has given me the chance to have some longevity and a bit of consistency and actually be patient, and it works particularly well.” Well, no actually Paul, it doesn't work particularly well - we are, despite the Grimes and Liverpool money, drifting aimlessly half way down League 2, attendances are diminishing and there seems little prospect of it ever not being like this.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very revealing. He keeps talking about business (which is fine) and how he has applied generic business principles to the context in whiuch he operates (football). All of which is absolutely fine by me - I am a great believer in transferable skills and sceptical of "unless you've been in an industry man and boy you'll never be any good" positions.

But when did you last read an interview with a major business leader who made absolutely no mention of customers and their expectations?

It's the complacency and total lack of understanding of what his customers want that make me consider him unfit for the role he's in. "Where I am fortunate is that my brief at Exeter has given me the chance to have some longevity and a bit of consistency and actually be patient, and it works particularly well.” Well, no actually Paul, it doesn't work particularly well - we are, despite the Grimes and Liverpool money, drifting aimlessly half way down League 2, attendances are diminishing and there seems little prospect of it ever not being like this.
Well spotted, the only mention of the paying punters is when they are giving him grief after another home defeat. I don't believe it's an accidental ommission, either

IndoMike

Very true, Artur. I also didn't see any mention of man management. I find his "philosophy" lacking any substance, very self centred, irrelevant and frankly very annoying

Alistair20000

Breakfasts arranged by solicitors and accountants are generally padded out with cringeworthy banal waffle.

I note he never intended to be a Football Manager. Rather like Taggy not wanting to be a CE. Is there a theme here ?

The bloke is a joke
The club is complete joke putting up with it
And we are more than likely stuck with it for another 10 years
We play with 'anxiety' at home.. What the ****!!!
The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in football

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The bloke is a joke
The club is complete joke putting up with it
And we are more than likely stuck with it for another 10 years
We play with 'anxiety' at home.. What the ****!!!
The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in football
It's his runabout way of blaming the fans for not wildly cheering every time we concede from a set piece, every home defeat etc

IndoMike

It's his runabout way of blaming the fans for not wildly cheering every time we concede from a set piece, every home defeat etc
I thought the same. Has he ever taken responsibility for the shameful home form or ever apologized for some of the pathetic performances? I don't think he respects the fans at all : they are a mere inconvenience to his cozy existence. The club has been hijacked.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought the same. Has he ever taken responsibility for the shameful home form or ever apologized for some of the pathetic performances? I don't think he respects the fans at all : they are a mere inconvenience to his cozy existence. The club has been hijacked.
It does feel that way, I can't see that the ordinary supporter has a voice or is even valued