• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

I am neither a happy clapper nor a Tisdale hater and given this is a midweek game can fully understand him shuffling the pack. We look as if we have a decent squad but are inconsistent in the extreme. It is only a few weeks since we won three on the spin using the same squad of players and Tisdale's much maligned tactics so what has really gone wrong?

It seems as if the last few games have been carbon copies of each other. Playing some decent football but missing chances and giving away stupid goals. So a big squad but a quality squad not so sure and tonight we cannot really complain about playing a high percentage of OAPs.

As the Radio Devon lads are saying York are not a good team and they were there for the taking. Are we missing Tom? Stockley after starting very promisingly has been found lacking since. Would the return of a fit Noble reignite our play-off hopes or should we now resign ourselves to mid table finish at best?

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster

No chance of the play offs matey.

IBA

We'll go again next year Foxy. Come on enter into the spirit. Another year of slow turgid tempoless possession based football, another year of Big Clint, Oakley and McAllister, another year of the odd performance full of youth and energy only for them to disappear and be replaced by experience.

We are little old Exeter now do as you are told and stop it with your expectations.
Yes come on guys enter into the Exeweb spirit of throwing your toys out of the pram everytime we lose and calling for the manager to be sacked.

rp42

Feck off IBA its getting BORING now.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

6 changes again tonight. No wonder we are so inconsistent.

Not good enough tonight and sounds like we had plenty of opportunities but overplayed things again.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

He has a habit of a run of bad results, being under pressure and then pulling out a run of good results. Hope builds and we then go on a poor run, pressure builds from some of the fan base at least and the cycle continues. Far too inconsistent. Trouble is as ****ed off as I am with it I know that come one o'clock Saturday I will be on the bank believing we can pick up three points. If we disappoint come ten to three however I won't be a happy bunny.

sladie

we could score in a brothel FACT

Silver fox

6 changes again tonight. No wonder we are so inconsistent.

Not good enough tonight and sounds like we had plenty of opportunities but overplayed things again.
Good point Moomin, six changes ffs

manc grecian

Yes come on guys enter into the Exeweb spirit of throwing your toys out of the pram everytime we lose and calling for the manager to be sacked.
It's going nowhere though is it? There's no pressure from anyone in a position of power to get rid. We win a couple, lose a few more... nobody's accountable for anything... any remotely probing questions and you are dismissed like a naughty school boy. Signings are made because he's a friend of a friend. Some players train every day some don't bother at all. I suppose if you are happy for that to continue year after year then good luck to you.

Others, not me won't pay 20 quid to put up with all that.

dontpassback

He has a habit of a run of bad results, being under pressure and then pulling out a run of good results. Hope builds and we then go on a poor run, pressure builds from some of the fan base at least and the cycle continues. Far too inconsistent. Trouble is as ****ed off as I am with it I know that come one o'clock Saturday I will be on the bank believing we can pick up three points. If we disappoint come ten to three however I won't be a happy bunny.
After following city since 68 I won't be on the bank on Saturday,cos I have finally had enough of this proper chap,roll over crap,a season of promise has evaporated !