• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

... we have seen that the loathing of Tisdale in some quarters runs very deep and is unrelated to the performance of the team...
I beg to differ on that point.

It wasn't the loathing of Tisdale that caused a drop in gate or season ticket sales, it was the stultifying product he put on the pitch. You can furnish any excuse you can think of but the unpalatable truth is that people just stopped coming. I repeat, people stopped coming.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

I beg to differ on that point.

It wasn't the loathing of Tisdale that caused a drop in gate or season ticket sales, it was the stultifying product he put on the pitch. You can furnish any excuse you can think of but the unpalatable truth is that people just stopped coming. I repeat, people stopped coming.
I suggest he is talking about on here rather than through the gate numbers where we have lost a chunk of those who pay to see a winning team rather than the "hardcore".

Even in 10/11 when Tis was taking us to our joint highest ever finish in the 4 division era there was a large dissenting section on Exeweb. One erstwhile Exewebber described the 5 year ascent from our lowest ever finish to our highest as "stultifyingly slow", while there were several threads during the season calling for his head.

eurogrecian

The loathing started at the beginning. The first "P.E. Teacher" jibe I found on Exeweb was on 12 November 2006!
It's continued ever since. Some people don't like him, it's as simple as that.

As for the home support, it has always yo-yoed. Our average was less than 2,000 in the mid-80s!
It went up to 5,800 in 2009/10 when we were riding high in L1 - the best gates since the mid-1960s. I suppose Tisdale can share some of the credit for that.
They are now back to the level we had in 1994-2002 when we were last in L2. Unsurprising and perhaps even rather good, as my impression is that in relation to a loaf of bread or whatever, it costs more to watch football nowadays.

Tisdale's teams (and he has build several different ones, mostly with limited means) have not always produced sparkling football, but they have produced the sweetest moments and the best performances that this City fan has experienced.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

That'll be the day!

Over the (many) years, we have seen that the loathing of Tisdale in some quarters runs very deep and is unrelated to the performance of the team or anything else. The "Tisdale Out" threads will continue to appear regularly, whatever happens. 1400 odd postings on this one thread says it all.

As you suggest, there is nothing for the rest of us to do except get on with supporting the team.
Oh dear.. Poor old Euro! Nearly brought a tear to my eye. All those evil supporters who think it wouldn't be the end of the world if Tisdale left. And, of course, those supporters aren't real City fans, either. Old Euro all alone in this big, bad world supporting City against all odds. I just can't take this emotion anymore.

Last edited:

eurogrecian

Of course it wouldn't be the end of the world! (May/June 2003 was as close as we got to that)

All alone? I think not!

geoffwp

Oh dear.. Poor old Euro! Nearly brought a tear to my eye. All those evil supporters who think it wouldn't be the end of the world if Tisdale left. And, of course, those supporters aren't real City fans, either. Old Euro all alone in this big, bad world supporting City against all odds. I just can't take this emotion anymore.
I couldn't see anything in euros post to suggest any of those things you wrote mike. You haven't by chance been sucking on lemons today have you?

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

ha ha.
Proof, if ever any was needed, that credy has been well and truly owned by Ant.
Good god I'd quit exeweb - he doesn't have the football knowledge , likeability or knowledge for that ever to happen

He's always buying things mind he's a multi millionaire

Antony Moxey

Good god I'd quit exeweb - he doesn't have the football knowledge , likeability or knowledge for that ever to happen

He's always buying things mind he's a multi millionaire
Aww bless, it's kind of sweet really.

StroudGrecian

Get a room you two, Euro and Indy are about to start trading blows

*pulls up chair*

GrecianWonder

Get a room you two, Euro and Indy are about to start trading blows

*pulls up chair*
Tag team fight at half time vs Plymouth?