• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a managerial change

Pobbop

Next season, give him a go with some cash behind him, if he fails to see us promoted he needs to leave, I know this post is a bit too sensible for the general level of hysteria around here, so will finish with wibble.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next season, give him a go with some cash behind him, if he fails to see us promoted he needs to leave, I know this post is a bit too sensible for the general level of hysteria around here, so will finish with wibble.
Be careful when you climb down from that stallion.

Legohead

Banned
Let us wait until the end of the season. It's not inconceivable that we could end up in the play offs, then the play off final and then in L1 come the end of it. However, it is also not inconceivable that we could end up mid table. What is a concern is that Taylor has failed to make the most of his squad and also consistently failed to adapt to the changing season, just like his previous 2 seasons, and i wouldn't want that next season also. Especially given that he will have money to spend. His signings are mostly unreliable.

Look at our recent results. Cambridge aside, there are some shockers in there. Just turning a couple of those abject draws into wins would have seen us well in the play off picture. He's failed for the 3rd season in a row and we always tail off badly at the business end of the season. MT has no fight or will to win and his post match interviews are now becoming the epitome of tedium.

L1 or get rid. He needs to achieve success in his position, just like everyone else.

MT continues to play Seymour. He's insane and needs sacking for this alone. If there is not another striker in the youth set up who isn't able to produce more than Seymour (ie nothing) then the club may as well fold the youth set up as it wouldn't be fit for purpose. Seymour does not deserve any more opportunities yet inexplicably is still getting them!!

Also the club need to take a look at themselves here. Backing a failing manager simply because he is able to maintain the status quo. It is about time those who ran the club showed ambition and not only that, but made employees accountable for underachieving. So long as MT keeps us competitive each year and brings through yoof, then that's all that matters to the club and this makes me cynical and lack trust in them going forward.

Those who run the club are happy for the club to simply exist and develop in all areas, apart from on the pitch. So long as the club don't go down, everything is rosy and everyone is getting paid. Happy days.

Sack MT at the end of the season if we are not in L1. Do not tolerate mediocrity.

dontpassback

John yems anyone ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
John yems anyone ?
No thank you, next question.

raleighnc

Let the Exeter City version of the brexit referendum begin!

Big summer needed on and off the pitch for the club, other then that I'm happy to give Taylor one more season, if he doesn't get us promoted then him and probably a couple of people above him need to exit stage left next summer.
I don’t think he should have any security of another season, if we’re daft enough to give him more it should be limited to fifteen games. We’ll know then whether he has recruited well, organised the team into a coherent unit scoring goals and accrued 25 points minimum. If not he goes. My money would be him going so the club needs to have a plan B.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don’t think he should have any security of another season, if we’re daft enough to give him more it should be limited to fifteen games. We’ll know then whether he has recruited well, organised the team into a coherent unit scoring goals and accrued 25 points minimum. If not he goes. My money would be him going so the club needs to have a plan B.
I am very surprised that you are not more concerned with Ryan Lowe's continuing tenure ? 😎

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let us wait until the end of the season. It's not inconceivable that we could end up in the play offs, then the play off final and then in L1 come the end of it. However, it is also not inconceivable that we could end up mid table. What is a concern is that Taylor has failed to make the most of his squad and also consistently failed to adapt to the changing season, just like his previous 2 seasons, and i wouldn't want that next season also. Especially given that he will have money to spend. His signings are mostly unreliable.

Look at our recent results. Cambridge aside, there are some shockers in there. Just turning a couple of those abject draws into wins would have seen us well in the play off picture. He's failed for the 3rd season in a row and we always tail off badly at the business end of the season. MT has no fight or will to win and his post match interviews are now becoming the epitome of tedium.

L1 or get rid. He needs to achieve success in his position, just like everyone else.

MT continues to play Seymour. He's insane and needs sacking for this alone. If there is not another striker in the youth set up who isn't able to produce more than Seymour (ie nothing) then the club may as well fold the youth set up as it wouldn't be fit for purpose. Seymour does not deserve any more opportunities yet inexplicably is still getting them!!

Also the club need to take a look at themselves here. Backing a failing manager simply because he is able to maintain the status quo. It is about time those who ran the club showed ambition and not only that, but made employees accountable for underachieving. So long as MT keeps us competitive each year and brings through yoof, then that's all that matters to the club and this makes me cynical and lack trust in them going forward.

Those who run the club are happy for the club to simply exist and develop in all areas, apart from on the pitch. So long as the club don't go down, everything is rosy and everyone is getting paid. Happy days.

Sack MT at the end of the season if we are not in L1. Do not tolerate mediocrity.
That was a very short Flounce old chap !

raleighnc

MT learnt his trade under Tisdale and today was pure Tisdalism, leave two of your best players out set the team up with 3 central defenders plus wingbacks in what he described as a must win game. Result no shots on target and another abject performance, little or no attempt to change the shape of the game at any point. Exeter nil was always the likely outcome and that was good enough for a Newport team who barely needed to stay awake. So 4 games, one consolation goal in the 95th minute and 3 points, unbelievable that some on here think we are playoff material. After today’s and recent performances there are a number players who should have been told tonight that they will never wear a ECFC shirt again. The final 3 games really don’t matter.

raleighnc

I am very surprised that you are not more concerned with Ryan Lowe's continuing tenure ? 😎
And why would that be pray? Problem for you is I care about ECFC success, you clearly don’t.