• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a managerial change

raleighnc

Actually you clearly like undermining the club so I dont think you care about our success at all.
You don’t think, full stop

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
You don’t think, full stop
Are you porky in disguise?🤔

dontpassback

Kenny jackett,once mentioned for the city job a few years back !

sign of the chimes

Kenny jackett,once mentioned for the city job a few years back !
He'd see three consecutive 0-0s as a positive thing.

Joking aside, lots of positive attributes to KJ. Experience aside, not sure he'd be much different from your current incumbent in terms of characteristics, based on what I've read here. Very much about the percentages and not afraid to freeze out a relatively high-earning striker if he feels it necessary ;-)

dontpassback

He'd see three consecutive 0-0s as a positive thing.

Joking aside, lots of positive attributes to KJ. Experience aside, not sure he'd be much different from your current incumbent in terms of characteristics, based on what I've read here. Very much about the percentages and not afraid to freeze out a relatively high-earning striker if he feels it necessary ;-)
But it would be the experience that may make the difference

sign of the chimes

But it would be the experience that may make the difference
Sorry @dontpassback had assumed your original post was tongue-in-cheek. I've a lot of time for Jackett as a human being, and his record at Pompey was decent overall. In his second and third seasons he delivered successive play-off campaigns. Without knowing our budget I suspect that was probably in line with our wage bill relative to other clubs in the division, so certainly no failure on that measure - but like lots of clubs expectation is to exceed relative budget. He may have garnered more goodwill had his teams been set up to play a little more on the front foot: aside from the very odd purple patch we were pretty dour and unimaginative, and imo it felt as though we were a team in the image of our manager. That said, he had a very decent record before he came to us and I don't remember any our support being opposed to his appointment - and sometimes it's about the right person, at the right club, at the right time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a success of his next appointment wherever he ends up - whether that's in the division above or below us.

dontpassback

Sorry @dontpassback had assumed your original post was tongue-in-cheek. I've a lot of time for Jackett as a human being, and his record at Pompey was decent overall. In his second and third seasons he delivered successive play-off campaigns. Without knowing our budget I suspect that was probably in line with our wage bill relative to other clubs in the division, so certainly no failure on that measure - but like lots of clubs expectation is to exceed relative budget. He may have garnered more goodwill had his teams been set up to play a little more on the front foot: aside from the very odd purple patch we were pretty dour and unimaginative, and imo it felt as though we were a team in the image of our manager. That said, he had a very decent record before he came to us and I don't remember any our support being opposed to his appointment - and sometimes it's about the right person, at the right club, at the right time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a success of his next appointment wherever he ends up - whether that's in the division above or below us.
Cheers

PeteUSA

I dont see what would be wrong with Paul Sturrock; Much travelled and largely successful. Still only 64, and currently kicking his heels having left Dundee United. Pretty good pedigree, and he's fond of Devon.

grecIAN Harris

I dont see what would be wrong with Paul Sturrock; Much travelled and largely successful. Still only 64, and currently kicking his heels having left Dundee United. Pretty good pedigree, and he's fond of Devon.
Apart from he has retired and is Argiggle through and through............... Make a sensible suggestion Pete.

Red Monster

He’s suffering from Parkinson’s disease .