• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a managerial change

dontpassback

No thank you, next question.
I will put my rod and Line away now !

i8cornwall

I don’t think he should have any security of another season, if we’re daft enough to give him more it should be limited to fifteen games. We’ll know then whether he has recruited well, organised the team into a coherent unit scoring goals and accrued 25 points minimum. If not he goes. My money would be him going so the club needs to have a plan B.
I'm going to level with you here as a Bolton fan as well I said this about Evatt after 15 games and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm probably between 7 and 14 days off being very very drunk while celebrating promotion.

My point is a season is a marathon not a sprint, if we sack Taylor mid season then the players we put out on a Saturday won't change by and large and that not to mention every manager will want to play a different way and bring his own ideas in etc.

If we are sat in the bottom two come Christmas then I'd agree it's probably time to move him on but realistically that probably won't happen, I mean even for city that would be beyond belief.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
If people think its time for a change there is no point in given him 10-15 games next season to see how he does. He will have spent a good wedge of this decent playing budget we are suppose to be getting in the summer and do you trust him to spend it wisely? You can only spend it once and if we buy a couple of expensive sicknotes we can't recoup what we spend. Our spending, If MT's interview is to go by will be for us a once in a decade budget, We screw it up and we won't be able to fix it. So do you get rid and let someone else spend it or do you let MT spend it?

milts

Get someone else in with a proven track record

iscalad

Usain Bolt?

milts

He’d know what a fast running team should look like. Sure Taylor said he’s was going to have us playing running football at one point.

geoffwp

Name please (as PC would say)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’d know what a fast running team should look like. Sure Taylor said he’s was going to have us playing running football at one point.
Running out of ideas more like.

geoffwp

That was a very short Flounce old chap !
Lego is short on a few things, anger management being a major one. I think Lego would like to sack the world, it's his favourite word currently. Sack sack sack.

geoffwp

And why would that be pray? Problem for you is I care about ECFC success, you clearly don’t.
Actually you clearly like undermining the club so I dont think you care about our success at all.