• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

This board......

Mackster

Even allowing for this being a supposedly testosterone fuelled macho footballing forum, and given the rivalries of different teams, this piston engine of exeweb is in desperate need of a service ...
I think you should become the BB referee Rae. I'd like to see you grappling with the 3 heavyweight contenders from our respective clubs. Is it acceptable if ******** calls Porkus a fat, porcine, sh*t-eating, c*nt providing he puts a :) at the end :)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Yes. :) makes all the difference. In the unlikely event I can raise an army to invade another country we will be using the :) to smooth the way ... [:)] (c) Now That's What I Call Banter 25

downthetrack

Lame thread,we ain't going to take the **** out of ourselves are we.
With Torquay and Plymouth fans a bit shy at the moment,its going to be a bit boring.

Red the Paper

Banned
Have to agree with JM... Rarely log on these days, and when I do it seems to be same old same old.

I only looked at this thread because I thought the title and first sentance were about the directors at TUFC. :D
Sometimes you have to stand up against bullies rather than cower in the corner hoping he doesn't pick on you.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have to agree with jm's opening post.

I can remember when we used to argue about who had the best football club in Devon.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
LOL Sturtz....

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can remember when we used to argue about who had the best football club in Devon.
Wasn't much point our Turk chums joining the debate.

I'm astonished they had the nerve to proffer an opinion.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone remember when Deathy and Alex had a set to aftere a 0-0 at home to Forest Green? It wasn't that long ago....
Of course mate, Bucks was also in the thick of the action that day IIRC.....

But still, as you said, it's nowhere near as good anymore. I tend to lurk from time to time but don't feel any real need to post that often.....

iscalad

Of course mate, Bucks was also in the thick of the action that day IIRC.....

But still, as you said, it's nowhere near as good anymore. I tend to lurk from time to time but don't feel any real need to post that often.....
Too much lurking makes you go blind. [tap]

LOG

don't feel any real need to post that often.....
No, not until you want something at least.

I know that this thread is supposed to be about the BB, but i get so sick of these 'it ain't what it was' comments. If it's so crap now, why even lurk?

Do people who don't bother with the site now really think that they're missed? Ok, some will be, but i remember a fair few from years gone by that were just as bad as some of the irritants on here now. There are people who post on here now that may not in a couple or few years. They may be missed as much as posters like the much hallowed Joey. You remember him. Used to come on here drunk and not be able to control himself. Some people outgrow the site, some get bored and take up stamp collecting, some just move on. That's life, as Esther used to say.