• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Things you dont see anymore

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Autograph sheets - It was Ballzache’s anecdote of sending an SAE to Man U in the 60s that brought a long forgotten memory to the fore.

Remembering the days when stamps were cheap - and sending SAEs to various first division teams in the early 70s requesting a programme and team autograph sheet. Most clubs obliged too - Crystal Palace merchandise impressing and being a class apart iirc.

Oldsmobile-88

Autograph sheets - It was Ballzache’s anecdote of sending an SAE to Man U in the 60s that brought a long forgotten memory to the fore.

Remembering the days when stamps were cheap - and sending SAEs to various first division teams in the early 70s requesting a programme and team autograph sheet. Most clubs obliged too - Crystal Palace merchandise impressing and being a class apart iirc.
I did that for a few 1st Division Clubs all without fail sent me a autograph sheet..I followed Leeds a fair bit in the 1970s.I sent a team picture from Shoot magazine to Elland Rd asking for it to be autographed(in hope more than expectation) & it was returned duly autographed 😁 That was around 1972.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep - I had one for a time. I remember the little "bottle"! The Dynohub was much better.

fred binneys head

I did that for a few 1st Division Clubs all without fail sent me a autograph sheet..I followed Leeds a fair bit in the 1970s.I sent a team picture from Shoot magazine to Elland Rd asking for it to be autographed(in hope more than expectation) & it was returned duly autographed 😁 That was around 1972.
I imagine it would happen today if you wrote to a club. Then it would be all over Twitter.

LOG

I wrote to a number of clubs in the mid to late 80s asking for autograph sheets and I don’t remember any not replying. The quality of what they sent you varied, mind. I’ve still got it all here somewhere.

elginCity

The Football League Review magazine freebie that came with your City programme for years ?

Banksy

Wicker seats in airliners.17778E3B-48CF-4D6C-8088-2F20FF7C44F6.jpeg

Banksy

Children playing with toys like this in this pc world.FC59200B-C5AD-469D-A127-163994B2FAAB.jpeg

LOG

Just had a look through the autograph sheets i'd been sent and came across these that a couple of clubs included. 38p a minute to hear a recorded message that almost always didn't really tell you anything.

Banksy

Shoe testing equipment. { what they used in the 1930’s , now they just fall apart after you’ve worn them for a week }C36881CE-B275-44AA-966A-8AE35FD8520B.jpeg