• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

Legohead

Banned
So just say the virus is still kicking around for the next X amount of years but being managed and fans are allowed back into stadiums but at their own risk. Will you people still attend? What will it take for you to consider attending and how will this affect the future of the club in terms of gate receipts etc? Just because clubs are allowed full stadiums again doesn't mean to say that the same number of people will be attending if the virus is still here.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
So just say the virus is still kicking around for the next X amount of years but being managed and fans are allowed back into stadiums but at their own risk. Will you people still attend? What will it take for you to consider attending and how will this affect the future of the club in terms of gate receipts etc? Just because clubs are allowed full stadiums again doesn't mean to say that the same number of people will be attending if the virus is still here.
I think it would depend on just what the wretched virus is doing at the time Lego.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will go to home games provided there is no serious health advice against, but probably not hang around drinking and chatting in Red Square. Dunno about away ones, though.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely attend as long as it is not too early the virus will become part of normal like any other flu/virus that is out there you don't hide from them so why COVID
Life is too short

Exehausted

I will go to home games provided there is no serious health advice against, but probably not hang around drinking and chatting in Red Square. Dunno about away ones, though.
Similarly, I would go to home games if EVERYONE had to wear a face covering. Being outside is a lot less dangerous (supposedly) and they say that a face covering stops up to 95% of droplets escaping (again, supposedly) so I would be prepared to sit down. I think the season should start at the beginning of October with perhaps up to 50% of the total capacity allowed. If there isn't a major spike then perhaps up to 100% allowed from Christmas. I think Covid will still be out there but hopefully it will be under control.

denzel

We can go to the cinema from next week, and of course the pub. We have been told that the risk of outdoors transmission is 15 times less, so why not go to the game? Unless there's a further outbreak we should all be able to go in September surely?

DB9

Should be going tomorrow, 10k max fans for each team in 90k stadium, Bring own food and non booze drinks, Get there early to queue safely, Social Distance say every third seat. But that's just me wishful thinking!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Should be going tomorrow, 10k max fans for each team in 90k stadium, Bring own food and non booze drinks, Get there early to queue safely, Social Distance say every third seat. But that's just me wishful thinking!
I wouldn't be surprised if the Championship play off final has some fans there.

DB9

I wouldn't be surprised if the Championship play off final has some fans there.
Yeah I bet they might too, Not us at L2 level where both teams average attendances are so much less than 10k we could of done that with a bit of thinking from the EFL, Get fans of two teams that would sell out any allocation with the threat of people coming to Wembley hoping for a ticket, That would be typical of the EFL

Alistair20000

Too much common sense in there DB. The government and civil servants want to micromanage us.

Reactions: DB9