• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

JJ red&white

I think we are still at 'Stage 1' of training, which enforces the 2m rule. Under Track & Trace I believe they only trace people you have been within 2m of for a sustained period of time. So technically that would be no-one at the Club. What happens when Clubs are at Stage 2 (full contact), I don't know.
What about premier league teams who have been undertaking full contact have they not? Even if they haven't, in less than a week both us and other play off teams as well as PL teams will have to be full contact, and so it will be interesting then, exactly how the test and trace regulations will work, as the government would have to give exemptions to professional sportsmen, otherwise the whole team would have to quarantine for 14 days!

JJ red&white

What about premier league teams who have been undertaking full contact have they not? Even if they haven't, in less than a week both us and other play off teams as well as PL teams will have to be full contact, and so it will be interesting then, exactly how the test and trace regulations will work, as the government would have to give exemptions to professional sportsmen, otherwise the whole team would have to quarantine for 14 days!
This must have been discussed with the government already for everyone to agree to a restart, and i would imagine the government will indeed make exceptions for sportsmen in the same way they have excluded formula one teams from having to quarantine for 14 days when they arrive for the double F1 weekends.

sign of the chimes

forgive me if I am being a bit slow about this, but how does a player testing positive (After group training sessions) fit in with ‘test, track and trace’? Doesn’t that mean that everyone the player concerned has been in contact with have to self isolate?
The 'logic' seems to be that individual players are being tested at the same time so, assuming they test negative, they don't need to self isolate, even if a team mate returns a positive test.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Everyone tested negative

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
All clear in L1 and L2.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Holland looking to have spectators in the grounds from 1 September, but SD must be observed and no singing or chanting. Interesting to patrol!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice to see that City have laid their pitch in Cornish tartan colours!:D

denzel

Holland looking to have spectators in the grounds from 1 September, but SD must be observed and no singing or chanting. Interesting to patrol!
The latest health advice is that singing, cheering and shouting should be avoided.
Funny how they can make an exception for the House of Commons though....

DB9

The latest health advice is that singing, cheering and shouting should be avoided.
Never been a problem at the Emirates and Old Trafford! 🤣