• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sidney Powell, Trump's Lawyer at the time after Novembers election and who said the election was a fraud, cover up etc now says (After being sued by Dominion for $1,2bn for spreading lies about their equipment) that no "Reasonable Person" would take her argument as fact!

angelic upstart

On that back of that clip, is anyone aware of what happened to the Carlson lawsuit?

DB9

On that back of that clip, is anyone aware of what happened to the Carlson lawsuit?
The Carlson lawsuit?

angelic upstart

The Carlson lawsuit?
Yeah in the clip, they mentioned that Tucker Carlson was sued and that they said not to suggest what he said as actual facts. I just wondered what happened with the lawsuit.

DB9

Yeah in the clip, they mentioned that Tucker Carlson was sued and that they said not to suggest what he said as actual facts. I just wondered what happened with the lawsuit.
I think (But not sure) his lawyers argued that what he said was a Commentary or Opinion and shouldn't have been taken as fact, Bit like a monologue at the end of a show.

angelic upstart

I think (But not sure) his lawyers argued that what he said was a Commentary or Opinion and shouldn't have been taken as fact, Bit like a monologue at the end of a show.

Actually worries me a bit that.

DB9

Actually worries me a bit that.
It would do when you see what his show is all about. Politics, Social Issues etc. but instead a Judge decided what he says is like what Jerry Springer use to say at the end of his weird show when he spoke just to the camera.

Oldsmobile-88

Bit of a problem on the US Mexico border.
The Biden administration said that no unaccompanied minors(U18s) will be turned back..17,000 turned up last month.
Some immigration centres are running at 700% capacity.

DB9

The Biden administration said that no unaccompanied minors(U18s) will be turned back..17,000 turned up last month.
Unfortunately that's what you get when you have a very poor Central/South America with millions looking for work and a decent life and just across a border there are supposed riches to be had in the US.

Mr Jinx

I'm sure he and Kam will let loads through and get them registered as voters. Goal is to get Texas to turn blue next time.