• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't disagree entirely with your viewpoint, but as Reagan said to Mondale during a televised debate (when the age of Reagan was a factor) : "I will not use your youth and inexperience against you" (it words to that effect).
I have seen and heard quite a few of Biden's team recently, and they all seem bright, sensible, pleasant folk: a world of difference from the frankly nasty bunch that were always spitting bile. I think under normal circumstances he could do well, although not without making mistakes in a complex world.
However, I fear that Trump and his band of ne'er do wells will be extremely disruptive and make life difficult for Biden. There won't be any Starmer-like compromise
I wish Biden well. Not a perfect choice and I have to admit that age can have an effect, but his team (and Obama) will look after him

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see Joe getting tougher with Russia. Ok only early days but freezing some assets and chucking out some spooks (sorry diplomats) is a good start. Just need Merkel to step up over the pipeline and for Johnson to start to cleanse the City of Russian money laundering.

angelic upstart

Good ol' infowars Alex Jones has been outed as not being a fan of the Don, which is strange as he's always been so closely aligned to him.

Alistair20000

Good to see Joe getting tougher with Russia. Ok only early days but freezing some assets and chucking out some spooks (sorry diplomats) is a good start. Just need Merkel to step up over the pipeline and for Johnson to start to cleanse the City of Russian money laundering.
Yep his early foreign policy steps being applauded in the Torygraph this morning with adverse comparison to the vacillations of Obama. Good stuff Joe.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Biden's dogs leave the White House over a biting incident. Not sure who bit who as I can't be bothered to read the story, but wonder if this could be the start of the end of his presidential reign.

Mr Jinx

And so Ol Sleepy tries to pick a fight with both Putin and China. Kudos to him for the latter, I thought he'd lay down. And I'm sure he will once they knock him back to his bedroom.

Anyway, let's see how he gets on.

DB9

And so Ol Sleepy tries to pick a fight with both Putin and China. Kudos to him for the latter, I thought he'd lay down. And I'm sure he will once they knock him back to his bedroom.

Anyway, let's see how he gets on.
Unfortunatly China has stolen a real advantage on the US in economic terms, Trump was a bit "Toxic" for some leaders around the world so China and to some small extent Russia started waving "Infrastruture Cash" around to countries who will take it readily.

Mr Jinx

Unfortunatly China has stolen a real advantage on the US in economic terms
Indeed. Covid worked wonders for them. They're now busy planning the next payload to be despatched at a time of their choosing.

Mr Jinx

Poor ol Sleepy. He'll be needing a stairlift soon.

elginCity

Not the first time Joe has been judged on his age rather than merit......