• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still a very low rate.
......and rumour has it very few paid as much as 12.5% anyway. I have to say I find the Irish economy very confusing. 🤷‍♂️

Mr Jinx

Chatter abound that the Trumpster will definitely be running for '24, and it's expected that others (e.g. DeSantis) will stand aside accordingly.

It'll be most unexpected to see Sleepy running again, so it'll be interesting to see who the Dems line up?

Spoonz Red E

Chatter abound that the Trumpster will definitely be running for '24, and it's expected that others (e.g. DeSantis) will stand aside accordingly.

It'll be most unexpected to see Sleepy running again, so it'll be interesting to see who the Dems line up?
Depends on the mid terms.
GOP gains and Trump will be protected.
If it falls the other way due process will be carried out and Trump will likely be prevented from running for legal reasons (plusthe GOP will realise that he is not the 'winner' he claims).

A bigger concern to me is the gun culture, partisan tribalism and disregard for facts.
A dangerous mix.

Mr Jinx

And so China rattles its sabres again this time with a missile that can go around the earth.

Will be interesting to see Sleepy's reply. Trump wouldn't let it pass without at least a Twitter post. I must say I miss those.

Rosencrantz

And so China rattles its sabres again this time with a missile that can go around the earth.

Will be interesting to see Sleepy's reply. Trump wouldn't let it pass without at least a Twitter post. I must say I miss those.
Trump would just declare that the US have missiles that can go around the Moon, spot it's target down to the individual brick and obliterate the whole of China whilst all the time blaring out Yankee Doodle Dandy as it approaches.

DB9

I think more a concern is that no other country picked it up while it was flying around the Earth.

Mr Jinx

Wondering if anyone else saw Sleepy practically apologising to Macron saying the AUKUS deal was "clumsy"?

To me this was jaw dropping. In a position of power like that you stand by your big decisions which he did do with his Afghanistan withdrawal. But this was beyond spineless. Wholly unsurprising mind you. Further proof he is the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of world leaders.

DB9

Wondering if anyone else saw Sleepy practically apologising to Macron saying the AUKUS deal was "clumsy"?

To me this was jaw dropping. In a position of power like that you stand by your big decisions which he did do with his Afghanistan withdrawal. But this was beyond spineless. Wholly unsurprising mind you. Further proof he is the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of world leaders.
He wanted to come over to Cop26 meeting with this multi-trillion dollar deal which included things to do with the climate amoungst other things but his own Democrats are blocking it, He has, Which i didn't know factions with the Democrats that seem to be pulling him both ways and, The left wanted min wage increase and more public housing and free medical, the right don't, He's finding keeping all of them happy difficult plus his popular rating is way down and there is an election in New Hampshire which is one of those states which is a real barometer for any Presidential election and at the moment the Democrat candidate is down by 8 points.

tavyred

The Democrats lose the Virginia Governor election. The loss being in part seen as a rejection of the teaching of ‘critical race theory’ in schools. Looks like the honeymoon period for Biden and his brand of wokery may be over.

DB9

The Democrats lose the Virginia Governor election. The loss being in part seen as a rejection of the teaching of ‘critical race theory’ in schools. Looks like the honeymoon period for Biden and his brand of wokery may be over.
Read that, I thought it was New Hampshire but as you say it's Virginia, The Democrats have held this state for 10 years and is a real barometer for a Presidential election, They also have mid terms next year and if the Democrats lose them badly they will be very concerned in Democrat HQ. For the Republicans I really don't think Trump running again will do them any favours, I think they need a new, Younger person to run, As you can see from Biden, Its a tough, hard job.