• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Charlton Athletic Matchday Thread

tom_ecfc

After last weeks successful thread start, I thought I'd have another go and see if we can back it up with a home win. C'MON YOU REDS!!!
@grecIAN Harris dropped for the next game day thread. You’ll be sitting on the bench with Sparkes.

red1

Hartridge seems to be getting better every game, his passing has improved massively. The next export ?

TotnesGrecian

Stanno at times today, was crying out for the ball to be played to him, you could see he was getting visibly frustrated with it not being played to him aswell

(Posting again as I posted in the wrong thread)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not the Birthday present i asked for. Must admit the home form isn't the best and i applaud all those who turn up, Sell out before the games and tbh haven't been rewarded much this season (At Home) I'd love others to use the term "Fortress SJP" when talking about ECFC but i guess i'll have to wait till next season for that. I believe we're not going up or down this season, We're in a league that is really strong and GC is moulding his own team, Which any new manager would do. Am looking forward to the rest of this season but please, Lets reward the SJP faithfull like you reward the away fans. (y)

arthur

Caprice had a dire game. Cost the us the second goal and killed any momentum we built up down the right hand side.

Lost count how many times he cut back
Yes, there is some sort of excuse/reason when he does this on the left but deeply frustrating when on the right. Get well soon Josh.

Two evenly matched teams and we lost. You get the feeling that this team is almost a very good one, but isn't yet firing on all cylinders. I am.confident GC knows what's wrong and I trust him to be able to fix it. But this needs to happen soon - there's only so long sell out crowds will turn up to watch us not win...

Three questions;
When did we last score from a corner?
Did their keeper have a save to make in normal time?
Why, when everyone has a phone, or is next to someone who has, does the club feel the need to read out the Premiership results?

Albumen

Macdonald is gonna be quality, he will run games at this level. The timing of his passes today, ooof. Mitchell looks class too.

If you defend like we did for their goals,you ain’t gonna win,simple as !

manc grecian

2nd half was a complete non event. Charlton kept the ball really well and were organised without it. We, on the other hand always want too many touches. The passing is slow, sideways, sideways out wide back inside then lose the ball. Caprice is terrible on the right.

We look miles better with kites energy and white should've been off 10 mins earlier.

Banksy

Well , look at it this way , on the plus side we don’t have to worry about that final playoff spot.

C j phill

If Mitchell and Key remain fit for the remainder of the season, I suspect we wont be seeing much of Sparks and Caprice.